Manufacturing Test Engineer
We are looking for two Manufacturing Test Engineers to join us on a 18-month fixed term contact, to conduct rigorous electronic test practices and procedures, from component level to final assembly, across the full range of Sonardyne products with strict conformance to Production Plan performance time and quality targets.
- To conduct defined electrical/electronic and tank test procedures and routines throughout the production process from component level, through PCB and chassis assembly stages to the final assembly of finished units.
- To identify and resolve fault diagnosis issues, where possible, by adjustment or repairs.
- To undertake basic assembly activities to assist testing processes and general requirements where requested by Manufacturing supervision/management.
- To highlight and drive the resolution of specification or design non-conformances through Test Department management channels or direct to Production Engineering.
- To raise the appropriate levels of non-conformance reports i.e. Observation Reports, Engineering Change requests etc in compliance with the Company Quality System requirements and Departmental guidelines.
- To ensure all activities are completed in accordance with current Quality standards and, wherever possible, within recommended times specified on the Company ERP system.
- To understand and follow all Manufacturing Department administrative procedures including supporting documentation i.e. test results, calibration certificates, etc.
- To understand and use Company IT resources i.e. Intranet, ERP system, etc in support of day-today activities such as parts enquires, stock searches, etc.
- To establish effective working relations with all departments, i.e. Production Engineering, Stores, Quality etc to ensure maximum co-operation for the timely resolution of test related issues.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Proven track record of diagnostic fault finding down to component level
- Competent in the use of various testing tools, i.e. Scopes, DVM’s, Power Supplies, Timer Counter, etc
- Ability to read and interpret technical data, i.e. engineering drawings, circuit diagrams, assembly drawings, etc
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and Word
- HNC Electronics or equivalent qualification in an electronic discipline plus hands on experience