SPRINT-Nav Mini – Hybrid Acoustic-Inertial Navigator
SPRINT-Nav Mini fuses AHRS, DVL and depth data into a single, lightweight instrument, giving you fast, precise and robust guidance and control information. So, no more drifting off station because you’ve lost bottom lock and no more depth variation because your pressure sensor is affected by wave action. Factory pre-calibration makes commissioning worry free.
SPRINT-Nav Mini is the world’s smallest hybrid acoustic-inertial navigator. An all-in-one subsea navigation instrument with performance beyond its size. It replaces separate AHRS, DVL and depth sensors. Less cabling. Fewer connectors. Simpler to mobilise. SPRINT-Nav Mini, like all instruments in the SPRINT-Nav family, is more than the sum of its parts.
Measuring in 215 mm in height, 149 mm in diameter and weighing in at approximately 3.6 kg in air – or 7.1 kg for the 4000 m depth version – for something so small, SPRINT-Nav Mini packs a big punch for observation-class, electric and drill support work-class ROVs. Use it also in support of unmanned systems working in GPS denied environments, as well as towfish, diver swim-boards and swimmer delivery vehicles.
SPRINT-Nav Mini is powered by the same hybrid acoustic-inertial navigation algorithm you’ll find inside our established SPRINT-Nav family. This combines the strengths of all the sensors contained within to provide robust, precise and accurate outputs. It continues to work even in challenging environments and provides a continuous stream of orientation, velocities, depth and altitude at up to 200 updates per second.
SPRINT-Nav Mini arrives pre-calibrated from the factory, meaning there is no need to manoeuvre your vehicle every time the unit is mobilised. SPRINT-Nav Mini does the thinking for you, all in a single plug-and-play unit. Turn it on, give it a latitude, and away you go. However, despite its extremely small size, it’s still a true north seeking gyrocompass which won’t drift over time unlike MEMS-based systems. The output can be fed directly to your own (or a third party) user interface or vehicle control software. The simple Web User Interface makes set up and configuration painless. It could not be any simpler.
Two versions of SPRINT-Nav Mini are available; a 300 metre, and a 4000 metre depth rated unit.
- Ideally suited for subsea vehicle guidance, control and navigation
- Size, weight and power optimised; perfect for smaller vehicles
- Powered by our class-leading SPRINT hybrid navigation engine
- Gyrocompass simplicity with hybrid acoustic-inertial navigation performance
- Cheaper than the three separate sensors it replaces; DVL, AHRS and pressure sensor
- 215 x 149 mm, 3.6 kg weight in air (300 m version), 7.1 kg (4000 m version)
- Acetal Copolymer (300 m) or Titanium (4000 m) housing construction
- Mounting plate, choice of top or bottom mounting location
- 11-pin Size-A CRE connectors x 2. Custom connectors on request
- User friendly Web UI makes it easy to integrate and simple to operate
- 300 m and 4,000 m depth rated options
- Heading accuracy 0.5° (secant latitude)
- 0.1° Pitch/Roll accuracy
- Better than 0.4 cm/s velocity precision (<2 m/s at 50 m altitude)
- 0.3/200 m min/max altitude
- 0.1% FS depth
- Up to 200 Hz output rate
- What’s in the box: SPRINT-Nav Mini, mounting plate, test lead and cable tail
- Warranty: 1 year return to Sonardyne service centre
- ITAR Controlled: No
- UK Export License: TBC
More about this product
SPRINT-Nav Mini Specifications and Datasheet
|Feature||SPRINT-Nav Mini 300 m||SPRINT-Nav Mini 4,000 m|
|Heading Accuracy||0.5° (sec lat|
|Pitch Roll Accuracy||0.1°|
|Angular Rate Range||±450°/s|
|Angular Rate Precision||<0.01°/s|
|Velocity Precision (<2 m/s at 50 m altitude)||<0.4 cm/s|
|Altitude Range||0.3 m to 200 m|
|Altitude Precision||<1 cm|
|Depth Range||0 to 4000 m|
|Depth Precision||<0.2 cm|
|Depth Accuracy||0.1% FS|
|Power Requirements||24 V dc, 10 W nominal|
2 x trigger inputs (1PPS/DVL trigger)
|Data Output Rate||200 Hz (user selectable)|
|Housing Diameter x Height (including connectors)||Ø149 x 215 mm||Ø149 x 215 mm|
|Weight Air/Water||3.6/0.7 kg||7.1/4.2 kg|
|Depth Rating||300 m||4,000 m|
|Operating Temperature||-5 to 50°C|
|Storage Temperature||-25 to 55°C|