How can we help?
This article describes how to use the Auto Discover to scan the water for unknown transponder addresses in Marksman and Ranger 2.
1. Click the Environment icon to open the Environmental Settings .
2. Set the Operating Range relatively high, so that a large area of the sea can be covered (or make it smaller to focus on a smaller area).
3. Click the Beacons icon to open the Beacons table.
4. Click Auto Discover.
5. Select the Wideband type of Sonardyne transponder that you wish to search for.
6. In this example, we’ll search for Compatt 6 Transponders with Wideband 2 Addresses; Click Discover.
7. Marksman/Ranger 2 searches for these types of transponder within the range that was specified in Environmental Settings above.
8. When the range time has been met, any detected transponders will be displayed.
Contact Support@sonardyne.com for more information.
Looking for more content?
Find more product support in our Knowledgebase
Haven't found what you're looking for?
Then speak to one of our team for expert help