How can we help?
Syrinx DVL has an easy to access web page as well as FTP server for file downloads and management, here’s how to access them.
Download an Individual File
To download an individual file via the built in webserver:
- Navigate to the Syrinx DVL webserver by typing in the IP address (default 192.168.179.200) in your web browser and click the “Log Files” tab.
- Click the file’s corresponding icon, as highlighted below, browse to a location and then click OK to save the file.
Download Multiple Files using an FTP Client
To download multiple log files via ftp, click Access FTP on the DVL File Manager or use your preferred FTP client to access the server with the following details:
Server address: The IP address of the DVL (default 192.168.179.200)
Download Multiple Files using Windows Explorer as an FTP Client
The following example uses Windows Explorer as an FTP client (it is assumed the DVL’s IP address has
not been changed from the default 192.168.179.200.
- Open a Windows Explorer window, enter ftp://192.168.179.200/ and then press Enter.
- If an Internet Explorer window opens instead of the FTP Log On window, change the Internet Options settings; follow step 2, otherwise skip to step 4.
- Click the settings icon on the Internet Explorer browser and select Internet Options.
- On the Advanced tab, select Enable FTP folder view (outside of Internet Explorer) and then click OK.
- Enter the FTP user credentials
- User name : guest
- Password: guest
- Click Log On
- A directory listing of the DVL Logs will be displayed in Windows Explorer
- Select and copy the required files to the new location
Delete an Individual File
- Click the file’s corresponding icon
- If the file is currently in use the contents will be cleared but the file will not be deleted
- Be aware that once the icon is clicked the file will be deleted without any further confirmation
Delete All Files
- Click Delete All
- Click Yes to confirm removal of all files
- The Syrinx system will confirm that the files are being removed
Looking for more content?
Find more product support in our Knowledgebase
Haven't found what you're looking for?
Then speak to one of our team for expert help