Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire
Survey Support Group Manager
To maximise customer awareness and experience in the operational use of Sonardyne systems in core business markets by the provision of onshore and offshore technical systems support, whilst also applying systems expertise internally across Sonardyne.
- To provide onshore hardware, software and survey operational support to core business customers in the Oil and Gas Survey and Construction markets by responding to email/telephone support calls. This would involve both reactive and proactive support. Reactive support would involve dealing with immediate problems encountered by customers and liaising with the appropriate Sonardyne personnel to find the solutions. Proactive support would involve understanding customer’s requirements, reviewing their current systems identifying deficiencies and recommending improvements.
- To provide offshore equipment and survey support to customers, either as an ‘acoustic operator’ or in a problem solving capacity. This would involve advice and guidance regarding operational procedures, vessel visits/direct support of customer operations, explanation of findings and liaison with the Survey Group Senior Engineers and Surveyors to ensure maximum levels of customer satisfaction.
- To enhance the reputation and profile of Sonardyne, promoting the Company name, brand and capabilities through supporting at scheduled marketing activities, contacts with trade organisations and active participation in industry/market related events including contributions to publications and presentation of conference papers etc.
- To undertake the following tasks under the guidance and supervision of the Survey Group Senior Engineers and Surveyors – customer trials on and offshore, LBL planning and analysis, conducting workshops, giving presentations, running hardware or other specific training, and participating in industry/marketing events. To assist in the launch of new products, evaluating these newly developed systems and testing their performance offshore.
- To produce a wide variety of written reports including the results of offshore visits / testing, details of customer visits, technical guidance notes and to aid Survey Group Senior Engineers and Surveyors in the development of workshops and white papers.
- To communicate feedback to Sonardyne departments such as the Engineering Department, Software Development and Global Business Managers. This would cover operational system problems, product/system refinements and potential business opportunities gleaned through direct contact with customers during learning events and onshore/offshore activities.
- To establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal staff across the international Regional offices, Systems Test, Engineering, Business Development, Direct Sales, Training and Customer Support promoting a collaborative working style.
- To keep up to date with in house technology and product advances, commercial processes/procedures and Company structure/initiatives to ensure knowledgeable discussion with customers and enable efficient progressing of operational issues.
core cOMPANY-WIDE rEsponsibilities
- To understand, apply and promote a ‘safety first’ culture, personally and amongst all direct reports, ensuring strict compliance with both Sonardyne and Customer policies, procedures and practices relating to Health, Safety and Environment, including the completion of risk assessments, workplace inspections, wearing of PPE, complying with Safe Working Instructions, undertaking training and communication, incident investigations and ensuring timely identification, escalation and resolution of any aspects that could adversely impact employees health & safety or others, as a result of Sonardyne work activities
- To ensure awareness, understanding and adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures including Health & Safety, Anti Bribery, Code of Conduct/Ethics, ISO – QMS, Financial, Commercial, Operational and Employment related
- To contribute to the Sonardyne continuous improvement process through the presentation of corrective actions, suggestions, or initiatives, focussed on increasing efficiency, productivity, technical advancement, customer satisfaction and employee morale etc within the or Companywide
- To maintain an update technical and professional job competencies (qualification, knowledge, and personal skills), through continuous personal development including formal training, self-directed learning, use of professional workshops, membership of professional bodies, literature reviews etc
- To keep up to date with Company organisation and structure, technology, products, applications and customers, through attendance on training events, personal liaison with internal commercial, technical and business support staff and awareness of general Company internal communications
- To establish, maintain and promote effective internal working relationships across the Company through the demonstration of positive two-way communications, planning, and collaborative working style
Dimensions of the role
Market focus – Oil and Gas, Survey and Construction market
Product coverage – Sonardyne products/systems used in Oil/Gas field development e.g. LBL/USBL/INS/AMT’s etc
Geographical remit – Worldwide
Customer profiles – Offshore surveyors / engineers and workshop technicians.
Travel Requiremnt – International travel per year of up to 4 offshore support visits typically of 2 weeks duration, plus additional travel for approx 6 onshore events each of typically 1 week duration
Degree level or equivalent qualification in a related discipline such as hydrographic surveying, geomatics or electronics, or equivalent work experience.
Operational knowledge of Sonardyne or third party LBL/USBL products and systems, product applications and detailed performance parameters would be an advantage.
Understanding of Sonardyne Fusion and Ranger systems would be desirable
A knowledge of offshore positioning systems and software would be desirable
Experience of providing first line technical support in either survey or offshore related engineering environment.
Offshore experience including rigs and vessels with direct customer involvement is desirable
Ability of developing and generating written technical support material, white papers, reports etc.
Analytical: evaluation, problem identification & solving
Communications skills: both written and verbal
Ability to work with others
Work organisation and structure: including prioritising and multi tasking
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk