Storesperson (12 month FTC)
Blackbushe, Yateley, UK
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Someone who can ensure Company Stock and non-stock items are received, stored safely and efficiently, delivered to internal customers with speed, accuracy and in a helpful manner and despatched with care and within specified timescales adhering to Health and Safety procedures and regulations at all times and ensuring maximum levels of external and internal customer satisfaction.
- To complete regular checks of stock accuracy ranging from daily perpetual audits to annual stock takes, involving the physical counting of stock items, completion of update sheets and escalation of problem areas.
- To undertake all goods inward processes including the receipt of deliveries from external suppliers, assistance in unloading stock from delivery vehicles, reconciliation of goods received, accompanying paperwork and Syspro delivery information, escalation of any discrepancies to Buyers in Materials Control, inspection of specified items, booking in of goods within 24 hours of receipt and transfer to designated storage areas.
- To process all internal goods received i.e. from Inspection, Test, repairs sent from Regional Offices or customer returns.
- To create kits of components and parts, for use by the Production Departments, instructed on ‘job cards’, following printed picking lists, identifying correct parts and quantities following FIFO principles, labelling and packing into boxes either by hand or using appropriate lifting equipment or fork lift truck, ensuring no damage occurs in the process and any shortage or problems are highlighted to Stores Supervision.
- To fulfil email requests generated by the Stores Requisition system within 30 minutes of notification, delivering individual parts, completed ‘kits’ or ad hoc items to internal customers within Production or other areas of the Company, by hand, trolley, electric buggy or fork lift truck, ensuring vehicles are loaded and driven with utmost care and in accordance with Health & Safety regulations/procedures and that all parts are unloaded in the correct manner to the correct location.
- To pack finished goods, demonstration equipment and product spares for external customers, Regional Offices in US, Aberdeen and Asia, and suppliers, in accordance with Company packing guidelines and in close liaison with the Sales Administration.
- To ensure that the Stores and Despatch are tidy and free from hazards.
- To work in a safe and responsible manner at all times, strictly observing all Company and regulatory body Health & Safety procedures including Manual Handling Regulations and COSHH policies and practices.
- To contribute to the continual improvement process through the suggestion of initiatives and implementation of agreed changes whether physical or within a system process.
are you the ideal candidate?
- Previous Stores/despatch experience within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge/awareness of electrical/mechanical parts
- Knowledge of ESD requirements
- Current UK driving licence
- Fork Lift Truck driving licence (desirable but training provided)
- Working knowledge of Manual Handling regulations (desirable but training provided)
- Ability to lift up to 25kg
- IT literate
- Excellent customer service orientation
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with others
- Strong work organisation
what sonardyne offer:
There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We always try to keep our salaries competitive and offer an attractive benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing – locally payable fitness classes on-site and free fruit, local area walking & bike riding routes
- Flexible Working Arrangements scheme
- Discretionary performance related pay scheme, designed to recognise employees contribution to our success
Are you ready to be a part of our continuous passion for innovation? …….
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
No agencies please.
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF THE CLOSING DATE, YOU SHOULD ASSUME YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.