Senior Workshop Technician
Vice President – Europe & Africa
To undertake the repair, service and calibration of Company equipment within the Aberdeen Workshop and Warehouse, to meet agreed timescales, quality standards and internal/external expectations.
- 1. To undertake complex and standard repairs, services and the calibration of Company equipment, some of which will be to component level whilst ensuring maximum operational effectiveness by meeting all timescales and quality standards through appropriate prioritisation of workload, effective equipment, adequate stock levels and use of Company systems, ie Syspro.
2. To provide accurate and timely repair quotations and log them using the Syspro ERP system.
3. To liaise with and advise customer’s technical representatives on the status of repair whilst maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
4. To facilitate the day to day work of the Trainee Workshop Technician by providing guidance, technical support and imparting knowledge to ensure that all outputs are in line with Company and customer quality processes, procedures and standards.
5. To provide support to the Workshop Supervisor in generating weekly management information covering levels of activities, ie status of repairs etc and general operational issues.
6. To escalate to the Workshop Supervisor and the necessary internal departments, any issues impacting on delivery, local operational efficiency and/or customer satisfaction and provide technical advice on how the issues may be resolved.
7. To deputise for the Workshop Supervisor in their absence by coordinating the day to day allocation of work within the Aberdeen Workshop and Warehouse and provide technical guidance and supervision on complex repairs and services, to ensure that a high standard of work is achieved.
8. To understand and ensure compliance with all Company and customer quality processes and procedures and proactively participate in generating quality improvement initiatives throughout the Workshop and Warehouse operations.
9. To install, commission and repair the full range of Sonardyne products on customer premises, rigs, vessels and dockyards worldwide, in accordance with Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
Core Company-wide responsibilities
1. To promote a ‘safety-first’ culture, ensuring strict compliance with Customer and Sonardyne Company policies, procedures and practices relating to Occupational Health & Safety and Environment, including completion of risk assessments, workplace inspections, wearing of PPE, undertaking training and communication re safe working instructions, incident investigations etc and ensuring timely identification, escalation and resolution of any aspects that could adversely impact employees health and safety, or others, as a result of Sonardyne work activities.
2. To actively contribute to the Company’s continuous improvement process through presentation of corrective actions, suggestions or initiatives focussed on increasing efficiency, productivity, customer satisfaction and employee morale throughout Sonardyne.
3. To keep up to date with Company organisation and structure, technology, products, applications and customers, through attendance on training events, personal liaison with internal commercial, technical and business support staff and awareness of general Company internal communications.
4. To establish, maintain and promote effective working relationships across the Company based on positive two-way communications, planning and a collaborative working style.
5. To ensure awareness, understanding and adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures, including Health & Safety, Anti Bribery, ISO-QMS, Financial, Commercial and Operational.
6. To maintain technical and professional job competencies (qualifications, knowledge and personal skills) through continuous development activities including formal training, self-directed learning, use of professional networks, literature reviews etc.
Dimensions of the role:
Team: The Aberdeen Office consists of a small regional team comprising Sales, Repair and Administration staff.
This role forms part of the Workshop and Warehouse team to undertake repair, service and calibration of Company equipment.
Staff Responsibility: Day to day supervision of Trainee Workshop Technician
Customer Profiles: Oil Companies, Rental Companies, Survey Companies, Shipyards, Fleet owners etc.
Products: The full range of Sonardyne Products
Travel: Some travel will be required to Sonardyne’s Blackbushe Offices and the Plymouth Trial Facility; this will mainly be for training purposes. There may also be the need to go offshore.
HNC/HND in Electronics
Valid driving licence for use in the UK
Extensive knowledge of Sonardyne products
Established knowledge and experience of undertaking fault finding
Experience of standard and complex repair, service and calibration work
Proven experience of mechanical assembly
Experience of delegating work and providing technical guidance to less experienced members of the team
Experience of providing management information on status levels within a Workshop environment
Experience of providing customer service in a technical environment
Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite
Good level of numeracy
Ability to work well with others
Good communication skills both written and verbal
Planning and organising
Ability to fault find
Self-reliant, working with minimal supervision
Ability to coordinate the work of others
Ability to lift between 18kg to 25kg
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk