What do we do?
From the Mariana Trench, the deepest point on earth, to the coastline and anywhere in-between, we make the impossible possible through our continuous passion for innovation. That innovation comes from our greatest asset: our people. They design, engineer and manufacture technologies that are enabling our customers to discover, navigate, measure, detect and communicate in the toughest environment on earth: our oceans. We’ve been actively developing the technology to make the oceans accessible for nearly 50 years and we’re only just getting started…
At Sonardyne we are expanding in the defence, ocean science and renewables sectors (think offshore windfarms!). Our customers want intelligent devices and remote control which is best delivered across the web. We are looking for a senior web developer experienced in Angular to work with other team members across engineering to develop world (and competitor) beating web front ends for our devices and cloud offerings. Working with our product managers, scrum masters and project managers you will help them define new products and amaze them with your ideas all the way through to bringing them to life.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a senior developer who is an expert in Angular, CSS, html and delivering websites onto Linux infrastructure (embedded Linux for IOT a definite advantage). We offer the opportunity to work towards becoming the key technical figure in a large engineering function (100+ people), leading and steering our efforts for web technologies as we expand.
Our DevOps culture is already strong and continues to grow: we expect you to be ofay with the concepts and working patterns to support continuous integration and deployment for our testing team to be able to get stuck into your new master pieces as soon as you come out of running unit tests and paired code review. Our day to day is Agile – although rarely you may end up working on a waterfall project if the delivery calls for it.
A core part of Sonardyne’s way of working centres around innovation and collaboration; you will have the time to learn, investigate and show case new features and/or technology. Be warned though: if the team love it, you may get asked to present your creation to a wider audience! We expect all senior developers to be team players who are open to other’s ideas and work towards a common goal.
We offer training (Pluralsight), hackathons with prizes, a friendly team environment and the occasional snacks appearing in the kitchen. Interested? Good you should be – get in touch!
- Mentor, and guide other engineers & developers in learning and progressing their knowledge in web technologies.
Develop quality software solutions for Sonardyne products.
Where necessary produce unit tests for work.
Carry out constructive code reviews of others work.
Provide accurate estimations as a part of the team to the Software Development Manager and other project managers to ensure that software is delivered on time and too budget.
As a part of the team assist with planning the sprints and deadlines for software deliveries.
Keep up to date on technical changes in web-based frameworks.
Act as a peer reviewer for other Software Engineer’s documentation.
Work with colleagues across the wider Engineering function to deliver full boxed solutions for Sonardyne’s clients.
3rd Line support for customers, as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- SSO Integration for Websites
- In-depth knowledge of Common Web Security Threats and how to avoid them when building Websites
- Experience of CSS including delivery frameworks such as LESS and SASS
- HTML, TDD and GIT experience
- Agile software development practices
- Use of Enterprise documentation tools such as Visio, UML and DFDs
- Experience of writing Functional and Technical Specifications
- The ability to review other colleagues’ technical documents and provide constructive feedback
Experience of C++, React, WebGL, SQL and/or NoSQL Databases, TeamCity
Embedded Software Experience
- Cloud based experience in Azure or Amazon AWS.
- Multi-lingual Website Support
- SSL Certification and Management on IOT Devices
There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We keep our salaries competitive and offer our employees the following benefits package:
- 25 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Holiday Purchase Scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness Absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced Maternity Pay Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible Working Arrangements Scheme
- Discretionary Performance Related Pay Scheme, designed to recognise employees contribution to our success
Ready to join the team…? …then e-mail your CV and cover letter to the HR.TEAM@SONARDYNE.COM
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.