Senior Project Engineer
Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire, UK
Projects Group Manager
who are we looking for?
Someone who can develop, co-ordinate and deliver bespoke engineering solutions in-line with customer requirements, internal processes, standards and commercial considerations through planning, prototype design, test, validation and integration.
- Review and interpret the customer requirements documentation to assist Project Managers to create bespoke products and systems. This may involve the external sourcing of new components or the creation of sketches, mock-up diagrams, special-to-type test equipment etc.
- Assist Project Managers to execute and monitor Project Plans for the delivery of bespoke customer equipment driving the timely production and delivery of units from the design stages through to finished systems. This will include working with resources across the company including Engineering, Production, Sales and Finance.
- To prepare and review customer deliverable documentation including bespoke User Manuals, ESS Test results, FAT results, Qualification Test results and Customer specific documentation.
- To develop and undertake rigorous bench, in-water and environment testing procedures to validate the integrated hardware, firmware, software elements and deliverable configured systems.
- To identify and rectify diagnosed faults from module through to system level using personal expertise or other specialist internal resources.
- To ensure all manufacturing, test, design change, problem reports and support documentation is completed in compliance with internal Company procedures and Customer quality requirements including Unit test procedures, System FATs, SATs.
- To prepare, submit and control Project documentation to individual customer requirements such as manuals, manufacturing record books, interface specifications, handling procedures, storage procedures, test and inspection plans.
- To represent the Company as a recognised technical authority throughout Customer Acceptance testing procedures ensuring all arising issues are dealt with to the full satisfaction of the Customer.
- To share customer support with the internal field engineering resources, ensuring enough availability of advice, guidance and practical assistance to the Customer both onshore and offshore for the duration of the bespoke systems lifecycle.
- To provide ongoing customer support for installed systems outside the range of the field and repair staff. This may involve off-site and offshore assistance to customers installing and operating Sonardyne manufactured equipment.
Core Company-wide Responsibilities
- To promote a ‘safety-first’ culture, ensuring strict compliance with Customer and Sonardyne Company policies, procedures and practices relating to Occupational Health & Safety and Environment, including completion of risk assessments, workplace inspections, wearing of PPE, undertaking training and communication re safe working instructions, incident investigations etc and ensuring timely identification, escalation and resolution of any aspects that could adversely impact employees health and safety, or others, as a result of Sonardyne work activities.
- To actively contribute to the Company’s continuous improvement process through presentation of corrective actions, suggestions or initiatives focused on increasing efficiency, productivity, customer satisfaction and employee morale throughout Sonardyne.
- To keep up to date with Company organisation and structure, technology, products, applications and customers, through attendance on training events, personal liaison with internal commercial, technical and business support staff and awareness of general Company internal communications.
- To establish, maintain and promote effective working relationships across the Company based on positive two-way communications, planning and a collaborative working style.
- To ensure awareness, understanding and adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures, including Health & Safety, Anti Bribery, ISO-QMS, Financial, Commercial and Operational.
- To maintain technical and professional job competencies (qualifications, knowledge and personal skills) through continuous development activities including formal training, self-directed learning, use of professional networks, literature reviews etc.
are you the ideal candidate?
- Educated to degree level BSc/BEng or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or similar.
- Knowledge of Lab testing equipment such as Oscilloscopes and DVM’s.
- Working knowledge of product development process lifecycle and the various stages within
- A current driving license valid in the UK
- Ability to deliver results through others
- Experience of liaising directly with customers and delivering the highest possible levels of customer service
- Experience of liaising directly with all levels of seniority both internally and externally to a business
- Proven history of running environmental and system testing with documented results.
- Excellent planning and organising (especially work scheduling, prioritising and multi-tasking)
- Self motivated.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work
- Problem solving & fault finding
- Results driven
- Ability to work well with others
- Attention to detail
- Influencing and persuasive
what sonardyne offer:
There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We always try to keep our salaries competitive and offer an attractive benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing – locally payable fitness classes on-site and free fruit, local area walking & bike riding routes
- Flexible Working Arrangements scheme
- Discretionary performance related pay scheme, designed to recognise employees contribution to our success
Are you ready to be a part of our continuous passion for innovation? ……
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
No Agencies please.
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF THE CLOSING DATE, YOU SHOULD ASSUME YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.