What do we do?
From the Mariana Trench, the deepest point on earth, to the coastline and anywhere in-between, we make the impossible possible through our continuous passion for innovation. That innovation comes from our greatest asset: our people. They design, engineer and manufacture technologies that are enabling our customers to discover, navigate, measure, detect and communicate in the toughest environment on earth: our oceans. We’ve been actively developing the technology to make the oceans accessible for nearly 50 years and we’re only just getting started…
Who are we looking for?
We have an exciting opening for a Senior Development Engineer to aid development of embedded software and electronics hardware on a range of subsea instruments developed within the department from underwater acoustic modems, doppler velocity logs to data loggers and much more. You will work as part of an experienced team responsible for design, commissioning and testing of new product designs incorporating electronic circuits, firmware and software.
- To write reliable embedded software in a variety of programming languages, focussed on C and C++.
- To lead hardware reviews of new designs and subjectively way up different techniques to ensure the best one is chosen for the project.
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Proactive problem solving
- To develop and maintain excellent communication channels across the Company
- To produce analytical and support documentation for all designs.
- To drive the development of designs into safe, reliable, and robust working products/systems, architecting designs, documenting these, and developing code to meet requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree (2:1 or above) including the following disciplines: Engineering, Physics or Mathematics (Essential)
- Comprehensive experience of C/C++ in an embedded environment (Essential)
- Demonstrable industrial experience (Essential)
- Optimisation for power on embedded platforms (Essential)
- Attention to detail (Essential)
- Source control, e.g. git, surround (Essential)
- Embedded Linux (Desirable)
- Real time operating systems / bare metal development (Desirable)
- Testing strategies for embedded software (Desirable)
- Acoustic principles and theory (Desirable)
- Automated build processes (Desirable)
- Programming languages, c#, c , c++ , DSP programming (Desirable)
There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We keep our salaries competitive and offer our employees the following benefits package:
- 25 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Holiday Purchase Scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness Absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced Maternity Pay Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible Working Arrangements Scheme
- Discretionary Performance Related Pay Scheme, designed to recognise employees contribution to our success
Ready to join the team…? …then e-mail your CV and cover letter to the HR.TEAM@SONARDYNE.COM
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.