Senior Commercial Applications Engineer
Technical Sales Manager
who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Commercial Applications Engineer, focusing on the US Maritime and Defense market.
This role will be reporting directly to the Technical Sales Manager, managing the successful adoption, specification, delivery, integration, operation and support of Sonardyne Technology Solutions for US Maritime and Defense Customers.
Support the sales team in Defense capability presentations, opportunity development and proposal preparation, including key deliverables, tasks, milestones, risk assessment, and cost/effort estimation.
Manage Defense technology demonstrations and evaluations as required, both at Sonardyne facilities and onshore/offshore customer sites.
Represent Sonardyne as a recognized authority in platform integration and operation by managing effective support & integration of Sonardyne solutions into customer platforms (remotely from Sonardyne office and onshore/offshore customer sites as required).
Work collaboratively with internal technology groups, product leads and support teams to manage Defense customer projects throughout the entire life cycle. This involves operational project planning e.g. performance prediction and simulation, managing customer specific testing prior to delivery, delivering both formal/informal customer training as well as project support, risk management and troubleshooting.
Keep abreast of current and emerging technologies and operational trends in the US Defense space while pro-actively feeding new customer requirements into the Engineering development roadmap, including interfaces, system architecture and 3rd party sensor integration.
Provide input from a US perspective to the wider Sonardyne Group in the Defense/Defence area to assist in the development of a wider strategy to tackle this market sector globally.
- Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (Robotics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Systems, Communications, Software or similar)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD secret clearance (Essential)
- DoD or DoD contractor experience preferred
- Demonstrable experience in undersea systems operation, integration/architecture, navigation/guidance and communications.
- Proven experience of subsea hardware interfacing including mechanics, serial and Ethernet protocols, power, time synchronization.
- Understanding of acoustic positioning, inertial navigation, sonar and doppler velocity log technologies.
- Project management expertise involving direct customer liaison and internal departmental co-ordination/delivery; formal Project Management qualification desirable.
- Awareness of software or embedded software development
- Appreciation of digital electronics development
- Knowledge of simulation, performance prediction and mission planning tools.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel.)
Contacts and Communication:
- The role requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills. The job holder will deal directly with the following stakeholders:
- Business Managers & Sales Team
- Engineering Manager & PMO Manager
- Engineering Technology and Product Leads
- Survey Support Group and Customer Support
- Finance and Risk & Compliance Teams
- Mechanical Designers
- System Integrators
- Software Developers
- Project Managers
- Technical Authorities
- Commercial Decision Makers
- Government Scientists
Personal Skills and ATTRIBUTES:
- Problem solving skills & critical thinking
- Team worker (engagement at all levels)
- Strong negotiation expertise
- Conflict management & conflict resolution
- Stress & pressure tolerance
- Planning and organizing (Planning, Risk & Controls Matrix)
- Decision-making (Delegation of Authority Guide)
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leadership
What Sonardyne Offer:
There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We always try to keep our salaries competitive and offer an attractive package as well as providing employees with:
- Up to 25 days annual vacation plus major US public holidays
- Discretionary performance related pay scheme, designed to recognize employees contribution to our success.
PLEASE SEND APPLICATIONS DIRECTLY TO: [email protected]
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF THE CLOSING DATE, YOU SHOULD ASSUME YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.