Sales Support Administrator
Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire, UK
Sales Office Manager
To provide support to the Sales Administration Team. This will involve being a Repair Administrator two days a week to support the other part-time Repair Administrator. The other three days will be providing general administration support for sales and hire processes including freight invoicing, chasing proof of export, maintaining the central filing system and covering for holidays. This will include purchase order processing, liaison over delivery dates and organisation of worldwide shipments, ensuring all activities are undertaken to maximise levels of customer satisfaction and in strict compliance with export and other shipping regulations.
Repair Administrator Duties
- To process all imports through UK customs including purchased goods, goods coming in for repair, goods returning from hire and from our Regional offices. This includes using Inward Processing Relief (IPR), Returned Goods Relief (RGR) and selecting tariff codes for purchased goods.
- To progress goods received for repair by inputting the details in to the Company ERP system, ensuring all internal vetting processes are completed and any export control requirements are highlighted prior to confirming acceptance of the goods for repair.
- To monitor all customer repairs referring to the repair database and liaise with the Repair Department and customers to manage and meet customer demands.
- To obtain authorisation from the Quality Department for approval if goods are within warranty period.
- To prepare quotations for repaired goods in liaison with the Repair Department and process Purchase Orders (PO) from customers.
- To coordinate the shipment of repaired goods back to customers across the world. This encompasses establishing priorities with the internal packing team, liaising with external couriers/freight forwarders, ensuring comprehensive accompanying documentation, strict adherence to inward processing relief, export licence regulations/VAT regulations and any drivers handling Company equipment are fully qualified/certificated to handle hazardous goods when required.
- To produce accurate and timely invoices to customers for all repair orders.
- To recharge freight to customers for hire, repair and sales orders in a timely manner, ensuring invoices are signed and returned to Finance for payment before the payment due date.
- To comply with VAT regulations by progressing proof of export from freight forwarders and chasing export entries to show compliance with export regulations.
- To be responsible for maintaining the department’s central filing system, including sending files to archive storage as appropriate.
- To support and provide cover for the Repair and Hire Co-ordinator for processing hire orders. This includes keeping the hire database up-to-date at all times so information is available for the sales team as to what is available for hire. To process all hire orders from receipt of PO, allocating hire equipment, ensuring Hire Terms and Conditions are received, co-ordinating with the repair department for ensuring the equipment is checked prior to hire and shipping/ exporting the goods, ensuring all internal vetting processes are completed and any export control requirements are highlighted prior to confirming acceptance of the hire order.
- To provide cover for the Sales Administrators for processing and exporting sales orders. To progress purchase orders / contracts from customers, matching to any existing quotes, inputting to the Company ERP system, ensuring all internal vetting processes are completed and any export control requirements highlighted prior to confirming acceptance of the order. To manage the shipment of equipment to customers across the world, establishing priorities with the internal packing team and liaising with external couriers/freight forwarders, ensuring comprehensive accompanying documentation, strict adherence to export licence regulations/VAT regulations and any drivers handling Company equipment are fully qualified/certificated to handle hazardous goods when required.
CORE Company-Wide Responsibilities
- 1. To understand, apply and promote a ‘safety first’ culture, ensuring strict compliance with both Sonardyne and Customer policies, procedures and practices relating to Health, Safety and Environment, including the completion of risk assessments, workplace inspections, wearing of PPE, complying with Safe Working Instructions, undertaking training and communication, incident investigations and ensuring timely identification, escalation and resolution of any aspects that could adversely impact employees health & safety or others, as a result of Sonardyne work activities.
2. To ensure awareness, understanding and adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures including Health & Safety, Anti-Bribery, Code of Conduct/Ethics, ISO – QMS, Financial, Commercial, Operational and Employment related.
3. To contribute to the Sonardyne continuous service improvement process through the presentation of corrective actions, suggestions, or initiatives, focussed on increasing efficiency, productivity, technical advancement, customer satisfaction and employee morale etc within the Marketing team or Companywide.
4. To maintain an update technical and professional job competencies (qualification, knowledge, and personal skills), through continuous personal development including formal training, self-directed learning, use of professional workshops, membership of professional bodies, literature reviews etc.
5. To keep up to date with Company organisation and structure, technology, products, applications and customers, through attendance on training events, personal liaison with internal commercial, technical and business support staff and awareness of general Company internal communications.
6. To establish, maintain and promote effective internal working relationships across the Company through the demonstration of positive two-way communications, planning, and collaborative working style.
Dimensions of the Role
The Team: The team comprises of one part-time Repairs Administrator, one Repair and Hire Co-ordinator, three Sales Administrators, an Export Sales Administrator and the Sales Office Manager.
Volume of Work: Approximately 5 – 10 repairs per day
Relationships: Direct external customer contact and regular liaison with Company Regional Offices in Aberdeen, Brazil, Houston and Singapore
* Educated to A level standard, preferably having studied a Business related qualification
* Proven experience of repair order processing/quotation ideally within an engineering/manufacturing environment
* Knowledge of worldwide exporting/export licences
* Knowledge of import procedures including Inward Processing Relief (IPR)
* Familiarity with ERP and CRM systems
* IT literate (Microsoft Office Suite)
* Personal drive and enthusiasm
* Attention to detail
* Strong planning and organising skills
* Tenacious/results oriented
* Proven communication skills both verbal and written
* Good ability to work with others
* Ability to influence
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
No agencies please.