What do we do?
From the Mariana Trench, the deepest point on earth, to the coastline and anywhere in-between, we make the impossible possible through our continuous passion for innovation. That innovation comes from our greatest asset: our people. They design, engineer and manufacture technologies that are enabling our customers to discover, navigate, measure, detect and communicate in the toughest environment on earth: our oceans. We’ve been actively developing the technology to make the oceans accessible for nearly 50 years and we’re only just getting started…
Who are we looking for?
This role is a 9 month Fixed Term Contract with Sonardyne. The person will progress customer sales enquiries for equipment spares and manage product orders for the complete range of Sonardyne equipment, through the acknowledgement of orders received, liaison over delivery dates and organisation of worldwide shipments, ensuring all activities are undertaken to maximise levels of customer satisfaction and in strict compliance with export and other shipping regulations.
- To progress purchase orders from customers, matching to any existing quotes, inputting to the Company ERP system, ensuring all internal vetting processes are completed and any export control requirements highlighted prior to confirming acceptance of the order.
- To coordinate optimal despatch dates with the Production Planning team.
- To monitor delivery schedules and ensure the Production plans will achieve committed dates, where this is not possible, advising the external customer, internal sales and engineering staff, if appropriate, in sensitive customer situations, that alteration of despatch dates are necessary.
- To manage the shipment of equipment to customers across the world, establishing priorities with the internal packing team and liaising with external couriers/freight forwarders, ensuring comprehensive accompanying documentation, strict adherence to export licence regulations/VAT regulations and any drivers handling Company equipment are fully qualified/certificated to handle hazardous goods when required.
- To produce accurate and timely invoices to customers for all equipment orders.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Educated to A level standard, preferably having studied a Business related qualification
Proven sales order processing experience ideally within an engineering/manufacturing environment
Familiarity with ERP and CRM systems
Intermediate user in IT skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Personal drive and enthusiasm
Attention to detail
Strong planning and organising skills
Proven communication skills both verbal and written
Good ability to work with others
Ability to influence
A working knowledge of worldwide exporting/export licences (Desirable)
There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We keep our salaries competitive and offer a modest benefits package:
- 25 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Holiday Purchase Scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness Absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced Maternity Pay Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible Working Arrangements Scheme
- Discretionary Performance Related Pay Scheme, designed to recognise employees contribution to our success
Ready to join the team…? …then e-mail your CV and cover letter to the HR.TEAM@SONARDYNE.COM
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.