Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire, UK
Repair Cell Co-ordinator
who are we looking for?
An experienced Repair Technician to conduct rigorous electronic test practices and procedures, from final level to component, across the full range of Sonardyne products with strict conformance to standard time and quality targets.
To be able to provide repair quotations liaising with sales administration/customer.
To have sufficient operational knowledge of the ERP system to satisfy the Repair Department’s activities.
To operate administrative procedures and maintain records within the Repair and Test Department.
To assist, when required, other Repair Technicians in the completion of their tasks.
To promote good working practices in all tasks and responsibilities.
To highlight any specification or design error to either the engineer responsible or relevant supervisor and rectify if possible.
To provide support in the absence of the Repair Co-ordinator when requested.
To understand, observe and apply a ‘safety first’ approach at all times, complying with Company policies, procedures and practices relating to Occupational Health & Safety, including all provisions in the Sonardyne Safety System (SMS01/ SMS02) e.g. completion of JSA’s, wearing of PPE, following Safe Working Practice instructions, undertaking H&S training and escalation of any observations of activities or aspects that could adversely impact employees’ health and safety, or others, resulting from personal or Sonardyne work activities.
To carry out testing, adjustment and repair if necessary of PCBs, chassis and final assembly level of Sonardyne products as prioritised by customer demand in co-ordination with departmental supervision and sales administration.
To understand and comply with all Company Policies and Procedures.
are you the ideal candidate?
- Proven track record of diagnostic fault finding down to component level
- Competent in the use of various testing tools, ie Scopes, DVM’s, Power Supplies, Time Counter, etc. Additionally be mechanically proficient and able to disassemble and reassemble products
- Ability to read and interpret technical data, ie engineering drawings, circuit diagrams, assembly drawings etc.
- An experienced PC user
- Minimum requirement: HNC Electronics or equivalent qualification in an electronic discipline plus hands on experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others
- Communication skills: Written and verbal
- Personal drive and enthusiasm
- Good manual dexterity
WHAT SONARDYNE OFFER:
- There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We always try to keep our salaries competitive and offer an attractive benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing – locally payable fitness classes on-site and free fruit, local area walking & bike riding routes
- Flexible Working Arrangements scheme
- Discretionary performance related pay scheme, designed to recognise employees contribution to our success
Are you ready to be a part of our continuous passion for innovation? ……
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
No Agencies please.
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF THE CLOSING DATE, YOU SHOULD ASSUME YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.