Quality Management System (QMS) Coordinator (Fixed Term Contract)
Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire
Head of Quality
To monitor, control and coordinate the Quality Management System documentation suite; oversee the maintenance of the Quality intranet site and support the development and implementation of the process management system and key quality metrics.
1. To manage and maintain the Process Documentation Centre and associated processes, implementing improvements as required. 2. Manage the QMS change management process ensuring all QMS documentation is under configuration control and the QMS Register is maintained. Alerting document owners when documents require review.
3. Provide Quality Control oversight on new and amended documents before they are released in the QMS. Ensure they are using the correct template and version control, prepare the PDF (incl. PDF checks; bookmarks, cross refs etc.) where required and release for use
4. Develop and maintain appropriate templates in support of the QMS and provide guidance as required.
5. Monitor the “Approved Document Update Suggestions” library and ensure updates are considered during document revisions
6. Monitor key metrics associated with the PDC process and report on issues.
7. Undertake system audits as required to support the QMS and HSE.
8. To support the HSE team as a point of contact for staff and during the quarterly HSE meetings.
9. Develop and maintain the Quality intranet pages.
10. Collate and provide reports on key quality metrics.
11. Lead administrator for the process mapping software, providing training, support and maintenance of the system once introduced.
Dimensions of the Role
Staff Responsibility: None
Team: A member of the QA team responsible for the management, development and reporting on the performance of the Sonardyne Quality Management System.
Types of Documentation: Policies, processes, procedures, work instructions, forms and technical bulletins and others as required
Product Coverage: Complete range of Sonardyne product portfolio
Internal Company interfaces: All departments to fulfil document management and audit responsibilities
External Interfaces: Auditors, Customer Auditors
* Ideally the candidate will have a minimum of ‘A’ levels, or equivalent with a good standard of written English
* A working knowledge and experience of the QMS with an understanding of quality processes behind them
* Experience of working in a Manufacturing or Engineering environment in a Document Control or administration role
* Relevant experience of coordinating the document process for multiple projects for both internally and externally focused projects
* Experience of liaising and collaboration with different departments across the business
* Experience user of Adobe Acrobat and updating and manipulating PDF documents
* Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite in particular Word, Excel and Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
* Strong work organisation and task focussed to meet deadlines on multiple projects
* Attention to detail
* Results driven
* Technical curiosity
* Self reliant
* Verbal and Written
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk