Project Manager – Marine Robotics
Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire
Manage the successful adoption, specification, delivery, integration, operation and support of Sonardyne technology solutions for Marine Robotics customers.
The following job description is intended to reflect the nature, range and context of the work. It identifies the main requirements of the role but is not an exhaustive list of duties.
1. Support the sales team in Marine Robotics capability presentations, opportunity development and proposal preparation, including cost/effort estimation.
2. Manage effective support & integration of Sonardyne solutions into customer robotics platforms (both remotely from Sonardyne office and onshore/offshore customer sites as required).
3. Working with support teams and technology leads, support customers in operational project planning, e.g. performance prediction and simulation, acoustic array planning.
4. To lead, develop and motivate cross functional Project Teams by comprehensively communicating the Project Plan, allocating clear Project responsibilities and actions, agreeing team processes regarding decision making, monitoring/reporting.
5. Develop and undertake rigorous bench, in-water tests procedures to validate the systems hardware, firmware and software elements.
6. Identify and rectify faults from component through to system level using specialist internal resources where required.
7. Working with internal technology & product leads and system test resources plan and manage system or customer specific testing prior to delivery.
8. Liaise with 3rd party equipment providers (primarily on integration and testing activities) as required to provide integrated system solutions to shared customers.
9. Working with internal technology and product leads, maintain and provide customer documentation and software tools that are simplified and optimised for robotics platform integration.
10. Provide the customer with formal and informal system training as required.
11. Working with internal technology and product leads manage Marine Robotics customer project support and troubleshooting.
12. Pro-actively feed marine robotics customer requirements into the Engineering development roadmap, including interfaces, system architecture and 3rd party sensor integration.
13. To create and maintain Project Plans incorporating key deliverables, tasks, milestones, dependencies and resources.
14. To maintain a register of projects risks, escalating to senior management where required.
15. To deliver timely and thorough targeted communication to all those with a direct and indirect interest in the progress of the Project, including the immediate Project Team, indirect resources involved in Project activities, Senior Management and where necessary or appropriate, Customers and external contacts.
16. Manage Marine Robotics technology demonstrations and evaluations as required (both at Sonardyne facilities and onshore/offshore customer sites).
17. Keep abreast of current and emerging technology and operational trends in marine robotics.
18. Represent the Company as a recognized authority in Marine Robotics platform integration and operation.
Core Company Responsibilities
1. To understand, apply and promote a ‘safety first’ culture, personally and amongst all direct reports, ensuring strict compliance with both Sonardyne and Customer policies, procedures and practices relating to Health, Safety and Environment, including the completion of risk assessments, workplace inspections, wearing of PPE, complying with Safe Working Instructions, undertaking training and communication, incident investigations and ensuring timely identification, escalation and resolution of any aspects that could adversely impact employees health & safety or others, as a result of Sonardyne work activities.
2. To ensure awareness, understanding and adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures including Health & Safety, Anti Bribery, Code of Conduct/Ethics, ISO – QMS, Financial, Commercial, Operational and Employment related.
3. To contribute to the Sonardyne continuous improvement process through the presentation of corrective actions, suggestions, or initiatives, focussed on increasing efficiency, productivity, technical advancement, customer satisfaction and employee morale etc within the Survey Team or Companywide.
4. To maintain an update technical and professional job competencies (qualification, knowledge, and personal skills), through continuous personal development including formal training, self-directed learning, use of professional workshops, membership of professional bodies, literature reviews etc.
5. To keep up to date with Company organisation and structure, technology, products, applications and customers, through attendance on training events, personal liaison with internal commercial, technical and business support staff and awareness of general Company internal communications.
6. To establish, maintain and promote effective internal working relationships across the Company through the demonstration of positive two-way communications, planning, and collaborative working style.
Dimensions of the Role
Team: A member of the Engineering group consisting of 80+ Engineers, Technologists and Managers.
Project size: Budgets range from £50k – £1m
Customers: Marine Robotics manufacturers and operators in the Oil and Gas, Ocean
Science, Exploration and Offshore Survey industries.
Volume of work: 3 / 4 major projects ongoing per year and additional minor projects including technology demonstrations and evaluations
Travel: Occasional travel away from base of work to sites including Plymouth, customer and offshore facilities worldwide. Some offshore working may be necessary which will require Offshore Survival Training to be completed.
• Proven experience in Marine Robotics systems operation, integration/architecture, navigation/guidance and communications.
• Proven experience of subsea hardware interfacing including mechanics, serial and Ethernet protocols, power, time synchronisation.
• Understanding of acoustic positioning, inertial navigation and doppler velocity log technologies.
• Project management expertise and experience involving direct customer liaison and internal departmental co-ordination/delivery, formal Project Management qualification desirable.
• Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (Robotics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Systems, Communications, Software or similar)
• Awareness of software or embedded software development
• Awareness of digital electronics development
• Awareness of simulation, performance prediction and mission planning tools.
• Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Contacts and Communication
The role requires excellent communication skills at many levels. The job holder will deal directly with the following internal stakeholders:
• Business Managers & Sales Team
• Engineering Manager & PMO Manager
• Engineering Technology and Product Leads
• Survey Support Group and Customer Support
• Finance and Risk & Compliance Teams
The job holder will deal with the following (Marine Robotics) external stakeholders:
• Mechanical Designers
• System Integrators
• Software Developers
• Project Managers
• Technical Authorities
• Commercial Decision Makers
Personal Skills and Attributes
• Problem solving skills & critical thinking
• Team worker (engagement at all levels)
• Strong negotiation expertise
• Conflict management & Conflict resolution
• Stress & Pressure tolerance
• Planning and organizing
• Communication skills
• Influencing and leadership