Aberdeen Sales Team but the role will be based at our Blackbushe Office.
VP Europe and Africa
To drive sales to new and existing Defence customers in Europe and Africa and enhance the reputation of Sonardyne and promote the company name as a trusted supplier of products to the Defence Industry.
The Role & Specific Competencies
- Identify and develop defence sales opportunities in Europe and Africa for Sonardyne products and services.
- Grow and nurture a network of contacts consisting of buyers and tech evaluators.
- Use customer relationship management tools to diligently manage the sales process from lead generation, including qualification, quote generation, negotiation, vetting and receipt of purchase orders.
- Coordinate with the sales administration team, the business development team, and others in the organisation to address thoroughly and comprehensively all quoting activity related to your customers.
- Ensure all commercial contract terms and conditions are thoroughly reviewed and are in compliance with Sonardyne policies and risk management.
- Provide regular and comprehensive sales reports to all relevant stakeholders including visit reports and weekly updates.
- Gather and report information relating to industry, market, customers, and competitors through weekly sales meetings and in CRM.
- Establish and build strong working relationships with internal staff across the whole organisation and including Sonardyne Group Companies.
- Keep up to date with in-house technology and product advances.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Educated to Degree Level or equivalent.
Demonstrable Sales Record.
Ability to develop a network.
Demonstrated understanding of defence equipment market, customers, industry and trends with experience of the maritime domain
Collaborative working style with the confidence and integrity to earn customer and internal stakeholders confidence and respect
Self-starter and proactive with a strong work drive
Excellent communicator who can provide clear and concise messaging and progress reporting at all levels within the business and externally as needed
Candidates must be suitable for Security Clearance with the UK Ministry of Defence.
Experience with Sonardyne products.
Experience with unmanned systems.
Experience with intruder detection systems.
Evidence of achieving Customer intimacy with defence customers in MOD DE&S or front-line commands
STRICTLY – No Agencies Please