Blackbushe, Yateley, UJK
Production Planning Manager
who are we looking for?
An experienced Production Planner to coordinate and report on the production fulfilment process and material schedule to meet the Sales & Production Plan schedule.
1. To Interrogate Syspro and create spreadsheets to show part availability for all Sales Orders received and publish to allow stakeholders to review, this is for Standard and Project Sales.
2. To monitor shortage report on all Hire, Capex and ENG Sales Demand products, creating a spreadsheet closer to product required by date and highlighting potential supply issues to PPM
3. To be a key contact for the manufacturing ERP system, for the Planning team (relating to changes and/or updates), providing feedback and informing the relevant stakeholders and reporting issues or requesting advice from the PPM as required.
4. To Maintain Forecasts for warehouse specific Consignment stock. Investigate material constraints and highlight any issues to PPM to allow rescheduling.
5. Monitor worldwide stock holding, review length of time stock has not moved and evaluate the need to continue to hold that stock and report to PPM recommendations.
6. To Routinely review Machine Shop capacity and if required liaise with purchasing to either alleviate any capacity issues discussing with and reporting to PPM also evaluate a method to identify suitable previously manufactured products
7. To participate in trouble shooting when an issue has been identified and to ensure corrective action(s) are carried out and to rectify the issue ensuring all relevant parties are notified as required and documenting the corrections accurately.
8. Regularly review standard times and maintain correct routing times and capture accurate costing of products.
9. Cross training to provide cover for other members of the Planning team as required in particular the Production Controller
10. To take part in the annual stock take activities as necessary. This will involve close liaison with the buyers to cross check our stock levels against the items purchased, accurate recording will be required and any discrepancies need to be captured and escalated accordingly. Reports of stock levels are derived from Syspro
11. Maintain excellent working relationships with internal departments ie Production, Purchasing, Planning, Quality, Sales Ordering, Engineering, Accounts etc ensuring a timely and accurate provision of materials and communication of any issues that may impact on operational efficiency.
12. Help regularly review current operating procedures in conjunction with other key stakeholders with the aim of suggesting improvements. (i.e system improvements and enhancements to existing
dimensions of the role:
Team: A member of the Planning Department which comprises of a Production Planning Manager, Senior Project Planner & Production Controller & Production Planning Administrator
Staff Responsibility: None
Size and Scope: Sonardyne currently holds in excess of £7m worth of stock and has over 20,000 stock items.
Volume of Job Cards: Approx 2500 job cards per year / Managing approximately 20-30 ECN/OBs per week
are you the ideal candidate?
- Proven experience of production planning/scheduling in a Manufacturing/Engineering environment
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in MRP systems (ideally SYSPRO or SAP, Oracle etc)
- A sound understanding and knowledge of mechanical/electrical stock items
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Planning and organising skills
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills written and verbal
- Ability to work with others
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Persuasive skills
- Good level of numeracy
- Analytical Skills
what sonardyne offer:
There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We always try to keep our salaries competitive and offer an attractive benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing – locally payable fitness classes on-site and free fruit, local area walking & bike riding routes
- Flexible Working Arrangements scheme
- Discretionary performance related pay scheme, designed to recognise employees contribution to our success
Are you ready to be a part of our continuous passion for innovation? …….
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
No agencies please.
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF THE CLOSING DATE, YOU SHOULD ASSUME YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.