Offshore Field Engineer
Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire, UK
Customer Services Manager
who are we looking for?
Someone who can provide accurate and thorough world class technical support across the full range of Sonardyne’s product portfolio which is delivered to all external customers worldwide both onshore and offshore in a safe manner at all times, whilst also assisting the Company’s internal training, product development and commercial processes with product familiarisation to fellow Company colleagues, timely feedback on product performance and identification of new sales opportunities, resulting in increased levels of business for Sonardyne and the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- To install, commission, service and repair the full range of Sonardyne products on customer premises, rigs, vessels and dockyards worldwide, in accordance with Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- To understand, observe and apply a ‘safety first’ approach at all times, complying with Company policies, procedures and practices relating to Occupational Health & Safety, including all provisions in the Sonardyne Safety System (SMS01/ SMS02) eg completion of JSA’s, wearing of PPE, following Safe Working Practice instructions, undertaking H&S training and escalation of any observations of activities or aspects that could adversely impact employees’ health and safety and the safety of others resulting from personal or Sonardyne work activities.
- To comply with all Customer mandatory Health & Safety rules, whether onshore or offshore, as advised via HSE scope of work, pre-work inspections, tool-box talks and specific on-site requirements, reporting back to Sonardyne Management where incidents occur and escalating instances where risk to personal health and safety is identified.
- To manage all customer relationships pro-actively, through detailed updates of work carried out, comprehensive customer familiarisation with product/equipment and timely escalation and detailed descriptions of product, system and customer problems routed through the Customer Service/Operations team, second line engineering technical specialist support or Management where appropriate.
- To submit regular and comprehensive communications ie updates and documentation eg Visit Reports and raising Support Cases using the CRM system during, and on completion of, offshore and onshore assignments.
- To identify new sales opportunities and customer service initiatives to the Customer Service/Operations team through observation and direct liaison with customers during scheduled visits or trouble-shooting activities.
- To provide technical expertise, when onshore, in the form of support telephone calls and electronic system support direct to customers and internal resources such as Sales, Engineering, Regional Offices, etc.
- Directly reporting to Customer Services Manager.
Core Company-wide Responsibilities
To promote a ‘safety-first’ culture, ensuring strict compliance with Customer and Sonardyne Company policies, procedures and practices relating to Occupational Health & Safety and Environment, including completion of risk assessments, workplace inspections, wearing of PPE, undertaking training and communication re safe working instructions, incident investigations etc and ensuring timely identification, escalation and resolution of any aspects that could adversely impact employees health and safety, or others, as a result of Sonardyne work activities.
- To actively contribute to the Company’s continuous improvement process through presentation of corrective actions, suggestions or initiatives focussed on increasing efficiency, productivity, customer satisfaction and employee morale throughout Sonardyne.
- To keep up to date with Company organisation and structure, technology, products, applications and customers, through attendance on training events, personal liaison with internal commercial, technical and business support staff and awareness of general Company internal communications.
- To establish, maintain and promote effective working relationships across the Company based on positive two-way communications, planning and a collaborative working style.
- To ensure awareness, understanding and adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures, including Health & Safety, Anti Bribery, ISO-QMS, Financial, Commercial and Operational.
- To maintain technical and professional job competencies (qualifications, knowledge and personal skills) through continuous development activities including formal training, self-directed learning, use of professional networks, literature reviews etc.
are you the ideal candidate?
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Apprenticeship/HNC/HND or equivalent further education level relevant to country of education)
- Awareness of basic mechanical engineering principles
- Up to date Offshore Survival Course certification
- Up to date medical clearance for offshore working
- Basic understanding of acoustic principles and effects of various aspects on acoustic product performance
- Experience of offshore working eg confined spaces, inclement weather, sole operator, challenging customers, low housekeeping/cleanliness environments, varied cultural backgounds etc
- Ability to work in confined spaces and on a sea-based operation without severe personal effects
- Ability to demonstrate understanding and application of relevant safe-working practices and vigilant operation within Health & Safety systems of work
- Ability to demonstrate genuine customer orientation
- Experience of installation, repair, service and commission of equipment interfacing with other products and systems
- Ability to understand and apply Standard Operating Procedures
- Experience of fault diagnosis involving hardware and software
- Understanding and application of communication protocols RS232/RS485
- Working knowledge of test equipment including oscilloscopes, multimeters, cable testers
- Proven ability to write internal Company Visit Reports and bespoke ‘How to’ manuals for customer use on vessels, rigs etc
- IT literacy to operate laptop equipment and interpret data results
- Ability to understand and use CRM IT systems to support offshore reporting to the Company and raise Support Cases onshore and offshore etc
- Self reliant
- Self confidence
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Logical, analytical and evaluative approach
- Technical problem solving orientation and ability
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written including technical translation to customers where English may not be the first language
- Adaptability and flexibility
WHAT SONARDYNE OFFER:
There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We always try to keep our salaries competitive and offer an attractive benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing – locally payable fitness classes on-site and free fruit, local area walking & bike riding routes
- Flexible Working Arrangements scheme
- Discretionary performance related pay scheme, designed to recognise employees contribution to our success
Are you ready to be a part of our continuous passion for innovation? ……
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
No Agencies please.
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF THE CLOSING DATE, YOU SHOULD ASSUME YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.