NPI Production Support Engineer
Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire, UK
Production Engineering NPI Manager
who are we looking for?
The candidate will be able to support production in the continuing manufacture of existing products, including being the first point of contact for all production issues, general test procedures/methods, test fixtures and problem solving. Support Engineering department, assisting with the testing of new designs and work closely with the NPI and Quality Engineers to ensure design for manufacture and design for test best practice is adopted on new designs.
Act as first point of contact for all production issues and communication bridge between Production and Engineering design teams in the areas listed below.
- Own / Maintain all Test Equipment held within the NPI Production Engineering department.
- Writing/updating Test Procedures.
- Identifying Technical Change, Troubleshooting/investigating issues and managing change through to resolution.
- Working closely with the quality team to proactively identify, raise and resolve quality issues with products, production procedures and product test jigs/equipment.
- Support and resolve issues resulting from Production Test, Purchasing/Supply, Manufacturing, customer support and Engineering.
- Own & Manage Production Test Jigs and Software (including identifying improvements).
- Proactively manage any development of hardware and software requirements identified in production and work closely with NPI Development Engineer to meet production requirements
- Working with NPI and Production to support FMEA reviews and manage resulting actions
- Assist NPI with Productionisation reviews and resulting actions
- Support automation and other waste reduction initiatives
- Implement engineering changes resulting from NPI phase and Production, consulting design authority and all other required stakeholders
- Preferred Graduate level including the following disciplines: Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mathematics and Physics.
Experience in some of the following areas is required:
- Use of Quality tools: 8D, Root cause analysis, 5y’s, etc.
- Focus on lean / waste reduction
- Interrogating Schematics
- Reviewing BOM’s
- Working with ERP system
- Communicating well with all areas of the business
- Proven track record of diagnostic fault finding down to component level
- Analogue and digital electronic hardware design
- Design for Test/Manufacture (DFT, DFM)
- New Product Introduction (NPI) Continuous Improvement
- Personal Skills:
- Demonstrates a bias for action.
- Demonstrates a collaborative approach to working closely with stakeholders
- Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks
- Self-motivation and a pro-active confidence to identify and prioritise work
- Applies knowledge of principles and practices in specific practice areas
- Can independently evaluate, select and adapt standard techniques, procedures and criteria
- Acquires general knowledge of principles and practices of related fields, and ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- Works on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of larger projects
- Can design or develop a complete task, system, component or process
- Prepares complete project documents
- Designs and conducts experiments, analyses and interprets data
- Formulates and solves problems
- Produces detailed specifications
- Contributes to, or can review, time and cost estimates for tasks
- Receives general direction on key objectives
- Receives guidance when necessary on complex problems, new/modified techniques and conflicting criteria
- Attends project meetings and can present specific aspects of engineering assignments. Cn interact with customers, suppliers, contractors, etc.
- Possess effective oral and written communications skills, can clearly and effectively present information on a technical topic
WHAT SONARDYNE OFFER:
- There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We always try to keep our salaries competitive and offer an attractive benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing – locally payable fitness classes on-site and free fruit, local area walking & bike riding routes
- Flexible Working Arrangements scheme
- Discretionary performance related pay scheme, designed to recognise employees contribution to our success
Are you ready to be a part of our continuous passion for innovation? ……
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
No Agencies please.
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF THE CLOSING DATE, YOU SHOULD ASSUME YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL