NPI Development Engineer
Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire, UK
Production Engineering NPI Manager
who are we looking for?
The candidate will be able to design, develop and support new and updated test jigs, test procedures, methods and software for use across the full range of Sonardyne products, utilising the latest in innovative techniques and processes and securing maximum collaboration across the company in order to deliver market and customer requirements in a timely and cost effective manner. To parallel the development of production test jigs/equipment alongside product design phase.
To design and supervise the manufacture of PCB test jigs (manual or auto test equipment) to ensure maximum test coverage to new or existing products while keeping production test time to a minimum.
- To develop and maintain excellent communication channels across the Company including Engineering, Production, Production Engineering, NPI and Materials control to ensure best practices, continuous improvement and DFT (Design for Test) feedback is adopted in all new designs.
- To write new and make amendments to existing test procedure documentation ensuring key steps in the test are accurately reflected and the test process is successfully communicated.
- To drive the development of test equipment and software into safe, reliable and robust working systems, creating drawings, plans and specifications for test equipment. Compiling bills of materials, reviewing electronic circuitry, coding/testing firmware in accordance with the Company Quality procedures.
- To contribute to the design stage of products with regular feedback to Engineering to help identify any potential risks/issues to ensure these are resolved before production.
- Assist NPI with Productionisation reviews and resulting actions.
- Support automation and other waste reduction initiatives.
- To work closely with NPI Production Support Engineer to develop suggested improvements in production test capabilities.
- To raise and action OB/ECN and manage change through to resolution
- To manage version control and configuration of all new PCB test jigs (manual or auto test equipment)
- To parallel the development of production test jigs/equipment alongside product design phase to ensure equipment suitability and completion before production build
- Preferred Graduate level including the following disciplines: Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mathematics and Physics.
Experience in some of the following areas is required:
- Focus on lean / waste reduction
- Interrogating Schematics
- Reviewing BOM’s
- Working with ERP system
- Communicating well with all areas of the business
- Proven track record of diagnostic fault finding down to component level
- PCB Design in Altium
- Windows software programming (C#, .NET, LabVIEW)
- Analogue and digital electronic hardware design
- Design for Test (DFT)
- Drawing Creation
- New Product Introduction (NPI) Continuous Improvement
- Personal Skills:
- Demonstrates a bias for action
- Demonstrates a collaborative approach to working closely with stakeholders
- Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks
- Self-motivation and a pro-active confidence to identify and prioritise work
- Applies knowledge of principles and practices in specific practice areas
- Can independently evaluate, select and adapt standard techniques, procedures and criteria
- Acquires general knowledge of principles and practices of related fields, and ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- Works on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of larger projects
- Can design or develop a complete task, system, component or process
- Prepares complete project documents
- Designs and conducts experiments, analyses and interprets data
- Formulates and solves problems
- Produces detailed specifications
- Contributes to, or can review, time and cost estimates for tasks
- Receives general direction on key objectives
- Receives guidance when necessary on complex problems, new/modified techniques and conflicting criteria. Attends project meetings and can present specific aspects of engineering assignment. Can interact with customers, suppliers, contractors, etc.
- Possess effective oral and written communications skills, can clearly and effectively present information on a technical topic
WHAT SONARDYNE OFFER:
- There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We always try to keep our salaries competitive and offer an attractive benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing – locally payable fitness classes on-site and free fruit, local area walking & bike riding routes
- Flexible Working Arrangements scheme
- Discretionary performance related pay scheme, designed to recognise employees contribution to our success
Are you ready to be a part of our continuous passion for innovation? ……
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
No Agencies please.
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF THE CLOSING DATE, YOU SHOULD ASSUME YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL