Manufacturing Test Engineer
Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire UK
What do we do?
From the Mariana Trench, the deepest point in our oceans, to the coastline and anywhere in-between, we make the impossible possible through our continuous passion for innovation. That innovation comes from our greatest asset: our employees. They design, engineer and manufacture technologies that are the enabling our customers to discover, navigate, measure, detect and communicate in the toughest environment on earth: our oceans.
Who are we looking for?
An experienced Manufacturing Test Engineer to join our Manufacturing Team to build the full range of Sonardyne’s products within recommended assembly build times and ensuring the highest
level of quality standards throughout the production process.
- To conduct defined electrical/electronic and tank test procedures and routines throughout the production process from component level, through PCB and chassis assembly stages to the final assembly of finished units.
- To identify and resolve fault diagnosis issues, where possible, by adjustment or repairs.
- To undertake basic assembly activities to assist testing processes and general requirements where requested by Manufacturing supervision/management.
- To highlight and drive the resolution of specification or design non conformances through Test Department management channels or direct to Production Engineering.
- To raise the appropriate levels of non-conformance reports ie Observation Reports, Engineering Change requests etc in compliance with the Company Quality System requirements and Departmental guidelines.
- To ensure all activities are completed in accordance with current Quality standards and, wherever possible, within recommended times specified on the Company ERP system.
- To understand and follow all Manufacturing Department administrative procedures including supporting documentation i.e. test results, calibration certificates, etc
- To understand and use Company IT resources ie Intranet, ERP system, etc in support of day-to-day activities such as parts enquires , stock searches, etc
- To establish effective working relations with all departments, ie Production Engineering, Stores, Quality etc to ensure maximum co-operation for the timely resolution of test related issues.
- To provide assistance and support to the Manufacturing Manager, Cell Co-ordinators and other Test Engineers on an ad hoc basis to complete specific activities.
are you THE IDEAL CANDIDATE?
- Minimum requirement: HNC Electronics or equivalent qualification in an electronic discipline plus hands on experience
- Proven track record of diagnostic fault finding down to component level
- Competent in the use of various testing tools, i.e. Scopes, DVM’s, Power Supplies, Timer Counter, etc
- Ability to read and interpret technical data, i.e. engineering drawings, circuit diagrams, assembly drawings, etc
- Competent user of Microsoft Office in particular Outlook, Excel and Word
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others
- Communication skills: Written and verbal
- Personal drive and enthusiasm
- Good manual dexterity
what sonardyne has to offer:
There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We always try to keep our salaries competitive and offer an attractive benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing – locally payable fitness classes on-site and free fruit, local area walking & bike riding routes
- Flexible Working Arrangements scheme
- Discretionary performance related pay scheme, designed to recognise employees contribution to our success
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
No Agencies please