Manufacturing Mechanical Assembly Operator
Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire UK
To build the full range of Sonardyne’s products within recommended assembly build times and ensuring the highest level of quality standards throughout the production process.
- 1. To assemble a range of mechanical assemblies using company drawings and procedures.
- 2. To understand and build to wiring schedules, using appropriate meters, where required, to check assembled work.
- 3. To highlight any specification or design error through the Cell Co-ordinators or Departmental Manager.
- 4. To ensure all activities are completed in accordance with current Quality System procedures and standards and, wherever possible, within recommended times specified on the Company ERP system.
- 5. To raise the appropriate levels of non-conformance reports ie Observation Reports, Engineering Change requests etc in compliance with the Company Quality System requirements and Departmental guidelines.
- 6. To provide assistance and support to other Assembly staff when requested, to complete specific activities.
- 7. To understand and follow all Manufacturing Department administrative procedures and maintain records via the systems provided.
Core Company-wide Responsibilities
1. To understand, apply and promote a ‘safety first’ culture, personally and amongst all direct reports, ensuring strict compliance with both Sonardyne and Customer policies, procedures and practices relating to Health, Safety and Environment, including the completion of risk assessments, workplace inspections, wearing of PPE, complying with Safe Working Instructions, undertaking training and communication, incident investigations and ensuring timely identification, escalation and resolution of any aspects that could adversely impact employees health & safety or others, as a result of Sonardyne work activities.
2. To ensure awareness, understanding and adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures including Health & Safety, Anti Bribery, Code of Conduct/Ethics, ISO – QMS, Financial, Commercial, Operational and Employment related.
3. To contribute to the Sonardyne continuous improvement process through the presentation of corrective actions, suggestions, or initiatives, focussed on increasing efficiency, productivity,technical advancement, customer satisfaction and employee morale etc within the Survey Teamor Companywide.
4. To maintain an update technical and professional job competencies (qualification, knowledge, and personal skills), through continuous personal development including formal training, self-directed learning, use of professional workshops, membership of professional bodies, literature reviews etc.
5. To keep up to date with Company organisation and structure, technology, products, applications and customers, through attendance on training events, personal liaison with internal commercial, technical and business support staff and awareness of general Company internal communications.
6. To establish, maintain and promote effective internal working relationships across the Company through the demonstration of positive two-way communications, planning, and collaborative working style.
Able to read and interpret Engineering drawings
Previous manufacturing assembly experience
Ability to use basic hand tools – Spanners, electric drivers, torque wrench, cutters etc.
Attention to detail
Personal drive and enthusiasm
Ability to work well with others
Communications: Verbal and written
Excellent Manual dexterity
Ability to lift up to 25kg
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk