Manufacturing Assembly Operator
Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire
To build the full range of Sonardyne’s products within recommended assembly build times and ensuring the highest level of quality standards throughout the production process.
- To assemble the constituent parts of the products from pcb level through sub assembly to finished units, following Company engineering drawings. (In-house pcb level assembly is limited with the majority of pcb’s being externally supplied).
- To understand and build to wiring schedules, using appropriate meters, where required, to check assembled work.
- To highlight any specification or design error through the Cell Co-ordinators or Departmental Manager or directly with the Production Engineering team.
- To ensure all activities are completed in accordance with current Quality System procedures and standards and, wherever possible, within recommended times specified on the Company ERP system.
- To raise the appropriate levels of non-conformance reports ie Observation Reports, Engineering Change requests etc in compliance with the Company Quality System requirements and Departmental guidelines.
- To establish effective working relations with all departments, ie Production Engineering, Stores, Quality etc to ensure maximum co-operation for the timely resolution of assembly related issues.
- To provide assistance and support to other Assembly staff when requested, to complete specific activities.
- To understand and follow all Manufacturing Department administrative procedures and maintain records via the systems provided.
To understand and use Company IT resources, ie Intranet, ERP system in support of day-to-day activities such as part enquiries, stock search, etc.
core cOMPANY-WIDE rEsponsibilities
- To understand, apply and promote a ‘safety-first’ culture, ensuring strict compliance with Customer and Sonardyne Company policies, procedures and practices relating to Occupational Health & Safety and Environment, including completion of risk assessments, workplace inspections, wearing of PPE, undertaking training and communication re safe working instructions, incident investigations etc and ensuring timely identification, escalation and resolution of any aspects that could adversely impact employees health and safety, or others, as a result of Sonardyne work activities.
- To actively contribute to the Company’s continuous improvement process through presentation of corrective actions, suggestions or initiatives focussed on increasing efficiency, productivity, customer satisfaction and employee morale throughout Sonardyne.
- To keep up to date with Company organisation and structure, technology, products, applications and customers, through attendance on training events, personal liaison with internal commercial, technical and business support staff and awareness of general Company internal communications.
To establish, maintain and promote effective working relationships across the Company based on positive two-way communications, planning and a collaborative working style.
- To ensure awareness, understanding and adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures, including Health & Safety, Anti Bribery, ISO-QMS, Financial, Commercial and Operational.
- To maintain technical and professional job competencies (qualifications, knowledge and personal skills) through continuous development activities including formal training, self-directed learning, use of professional networks, literature reviews etc.
Able to read and interpret Engineering drawings
Previous manufacturing assembly experience
Proven ability to use production equipment, ie soldering irons, crimps, etc
Surface mount experience would be desirable but not essential unless specially required
Attention to detail
Personal drive and enthusiasm
Ability to work well with others
Communication skills: Written and verbal
Good manual dexterity
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk