Manufacturing Assembly Operator (Electronics) – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire, UK
who are we looking for?
An experienced Manufacturing Assembly Operator (Electronics) to build the full range of Sonardyne’s products within recommended assembly build times and ensuring the highest level of quality standards throughout the production process.
- To assemble the constituent parts of the products from PCB level, through sub-assembly to finished units, following Company engineering drawings. (In-house PCB level assembly is limited with the majority of PCBs being externally supplied).
- To understand and build to wiring schedules, using appropriate meters, where required, to check assembled work.
- To highlight any specification or design error through the Cell Co-ordinators or Departmental Manager or directly with the Production Engineering team.
- To ensure all activities are completed in accordance with current Quality System procedures and standards and, wherever possible, within recommended times specified on the Company ERP system.
- To raise the appropriate levels of non-conformance reports i.e. Observation Reports, Engineering Change request etc. in compliance with the Company Quality System requirements and Departmental guidelines.
- To establish effective working relations with all departments, i.e. Production Engineering, Stores, Quality etc. to ensure maximum co-operation for the timely resolution of assembly related issues.
- To provide assistance and support to other Assembly staff when requested, to complete specific activities.
- To understand and follow all Manufacturing Department administrative procedures and maintain records via the systems provided.
- To understand and use Company IT resources, i.e. Intranet, ERP system in support of day-to-day activities such as part enquiries, stock search, etc.
- To actively support and contribute to the creation and implementation of production improvement initiatives.
- To maintain a safe working environment, demonstrating clear commitment to health and safety in the workplace through strict adherence to Company and Departmental Health and Safety and COSHH policies and practices.
are you the ideal candidate?
- Able to read and interpret Engineering drawings
- Previous manufacturing assembly experience
- Proven ability to use production equipment, i.e. soldering irons, crimps, etc.
- Surface mount experience would be desirable but not essential unless specially required
- IT literate
- Attention to detail
- Personal drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to work well with others
- Communication skills: written and verbal
- Excellent manual dexterity
- Ability to lift up to 25 kg
what sonardyne offer:
There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We always try to keep our salaries competitive and offer an attractive benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing – locally payable fitness classes on-site and free fruit, local area walking & bike riding routes
- Flexible Working Arrangements scheme
Are you ready to be a part of our continuous passion for innovation? ……
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
No Agencies please.
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF THE CLOSING DATE, YOU SHOULD ASSUME YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.