We are looking to hire an experienced Ledger Clerk on a six- month contract based on a full time working week (37 Hours).
To accurately and efficiently process invoices and expense claims. To provide cover for the Sales Ledger function as required.
The Role & Specific Competencies:
- To process and post purchase invoices on the Company’s integrated manufacturing and accounting system Syspro. The majority of purchases are generated by purchase orders therefore, three quarters of the processing involves matching invoices to stock received.
- Ensure non-stock invoices are distributed to the appropriate managers and are authorised in accordance with the Company’s Authority Limits Policy.
- To allocate appropriate general ledger coding to invoices without purchase orders.
- To process employee expense claims on a timely basis, checking compliance with the tax rules on benefits, VAT rules and compliance with the Company’s Expense Policy, escalating any discrepancies with the employee’s line manager.
- To create new suppliers on the system by entering supplier details onto Syspro from forms completed by the Purchasing team.
- To participate in the creation of weekly domestic and monthly international payment runs ensuring all suppliers are paid to agreed terms.
- To file invoices on completion of payment, both electronically and paper based.
- To prepare statement reconciliations, investigate and resolve queries, escalate difficult queries to the Ledger Controller and reply in a timely and thorough manner to any supplier queries.
- To run the purchase ledger month end and year end process on the ERP system, ensuring the purchase ledger is reconciled to the general ledger.
- To provide cover for the sales ledger function, including creating new customer accounts, providing all information necessary to establish the credit rating, field engineer invoicing and releasing of sales orders.
- To provide cover for the sales ledger month end and year end process on the ERP system, ensuring the sales ledger is reconciled to the general ledger.
- Any Ad-Hoc tasks as required
- To provide cover for other members of the finance team as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Demonstrable experience of working in purchase/sales ledger
Proven experience of communicating with Finance and Non-finance personnel at all levels with an organisation
Basic user level for Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Outlook
Strong attention to detail
Thorough and methodical
Work Organisation:including planning, prioritisation and multi tasking
Communication skills both written and verbal
Experience of processing expense claims, including knowledge of the tax rules for employee benefits and the implications for VAT
Experience of using an integrated ERP system
Previous experience within a manufacturing and/or engineering environment
Experience of Syspro
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE