Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire
Head of IT
- To assist with the development of new software products and to create and support expansion of existing applications. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to build on their experience and unlock their potential as a junior developer.
1. Design, build and maintain new and existing .Net applications using C#
3. Develop solutions to integrate line of business systems
4. Test and quality control of own code
5. Write technical documents for applications where required
6. Work closely with other members of the IT team and other employees as required
7. Willingness to stay up to date with the latest technological developments
cORE cOMPANY rESPONSIBILITES
1. To understand, apply and promote a ‘safety first’ culture, personally and amongst all direct reports, ensuring strict compliance with both Sonardyne and Customer policies, procedures and practices relating to Health, Safety and Environment, including the completion of risk assessments, workplace inspections, wearing of PPE, complying with Safe Working Instructions, undertaking training and communication, incident investigations and ensuring timely identification, escalation and resolution of any aspects that could adversely impact employees health & safety or others, as a result of Sonardyne work activities.
2. To ensure awareness, understanding and adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures including Health & Safety, Anti Bribery, Code of Conduct/Ethics, ISO – QMS, Financial, Commercial, Operational and Employment related.
3. To contribute to the Sonardyne continuous improvement process through the presentation of corrective actions, suggestions, or initiatives, focussed on increasing efficiency, productivity, technical advancement, customer satisfaction and employee morale etc within the Marketing team or Companywide.
4. To maintain and update technical and professional job competencies (qualification, knowledge, and personal skills), through continuous personal development including formal training, selfdirected learning, use of professional workshops, membership of professional bodies, literature reviews etc.
5. To keep up to date with Company organisation and structure, technology, products, applications and customers, through attendance on training events, personal liaison with internal commercial, technical and business support staff and awareness of general Company internal communications.
6. To establish, maintain and promote effective internal working relationships across the Company through the demonstration of positive two-way communications, planning, and collaborative working style.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE:
Working within a team of IT professionals, comprising developers, system administrators and support personnel.
Sonardyne’s IT Department is responsible for Sonardyne’s worldwide IT systems and infrastructure, providing around the clock IT support and services to all Sonardyne employees globally.
Not expected, though some UK travel may be requested
– Good verbal and written communication skills
– Strong problem-solving ability
– Microsoft C#
– Microsoft .Net 4.0 or above
– Microsoft SQL Server
– REST and SOAP API
– Understanding of object orientated design skills and best practices
– An understanding of .Net frameworks such as MVC, Web API will be beneficial
– Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016/365 experience will be beneficial
– Use of published APIs for system integration
– Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact well at all levels of the business
– A logical and reasoned approach to problem solving with good analytical problemsolving skills
– Good written and verbal communication skills
– Able to multi-task and prioritise key tasks from multiple work streams
– A finisher of work, able to differentiate between solving a problem and the perfect solution
– Confident in ability to learn new technologies
– Proactive approach, able to make decisions and work independently
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk