Global Business Manager – Exploration and Surveillance
Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire, UK. Other UK work base locations may be considered
Sales and Marketing Director
who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Business Manager who has some knowledge of Exploration and Surveillance. They will be able to manage Sonardyne’s Exploration and Surveillance business and revenue generation globally. The jobholder will support Sonardyne’s business development and diversification activities on a project by project basis in the delivery of focussed business development plans for emergent markets and general support of sales activities; across the existing Sonardyne market segment of Exploration and Surveillance. They will need to be able to do provision of market analysis and there will be high level strategic support for forecasting, pricing, agents and reseller networks.
- To develop and present, on a project basis, fully researched business-plans for Company identified opportunities for both internal and external investment.
- To support Sonardyne diversification activities by the provision of market analysis, technology reviews and other investigations as required.
- To develop effective sales strategies and marketing initiatives in collaboration with other global business managers, regional sales management, sales teams and central marketing.
- To gather, analyse and communicate market intelligence data throughout the Company including market size, emerging applications, technology requirements, competitor activities, product comparisons, pricing sensitivities etc.
- To support the delivery to regional sales teams and other customer facing staff of tools to maximise business success, consistency of message and Company image in the market sectors including proposal templates, CRM reports, data sheets, presentations etc.
Customer Relationship Management / Fulfilment Management
- To develop and maintain working business relationships with key individuals within the markets.
- To target and develop business relationships with key organisations pertinent to the specific markets.
- To enhance the reputation and profile of Sonardyne, promoting the Company’s name, brand and capabilities through active networking and participation with trade bodies, institutions/societies etc, conference presentations, publication of papers and delivery of innovative targeted marketing initiatives.
- To develop and review business processes.
- To work with the Sales & Marketing Director to provide direct assistance to the regional sales teams with sales proposals and advice on tactics for major/strategic impact sales activities.
- To work with the existing Global Business Managers to provide global co-ordination of sales activities ensuring opportunities requiring international cooperation are handled professionally, efficiently and seamlessly with respect to the end customer.
- To route any potential commercial opportunities to the relevant direct sales teams for follow up and progress of sale.
Educated to engineering degree level or equivalent business experience such as MBA
A comprehensive understanding of subsea technology and specific market sector
Proven experience of developing commercial market perspectives and creation of business
Experience of Business Plan compilation
Experience in successfully influencing across indirect resources and multi-disciplines to achieve Business Plan targets and objectives
Proven experience of applying business and commercial acumen to identify new business opportunities
5 years’ experience of technical business development
Proven experience of establishing and promoting a customer orientated culture
Proven experience of building new and maintaining existing networks of effective business relationships within and external to the organisation
Experience of establishing personal and organisational credibility and expertise at all business levels
- Customer orientation
- Achievement orientation
- People orientation
- Effective communication: both verbal and written
- Work organisation: planning, prioritising, multi-tasking and controlling
- Analytical and evaluative approach
- Solution focussed
- Change orientation with emphasis on continuous improvement
- Decision quality – ability to make objective decisions
- Are you ready to be a part of our continuous passion for innovation? ……
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
No Agencies please.
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF THE CLOSING DATE, YOU SHOULD ASSUME YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL