Financial Accountant. This is a twelve month fixed term contract covering Maternity Leave.
Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire
Head of Financial Control / Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
Who are we looking for?
- An experienced Financial Accountant who will be responsible for producing the company’s annual statutory financial statements and tax schedules including the Patent Box and large company Research and Development relief calculations. Bringing together monthly entity ‘Flash’ reports into a consolidated report for review by senior management. Reviewing and preparing, as required, company VAT returns and other tax information. Carrying out key tasks of the company’s treasury function.
- To undertake key activities in the annual statutory accounts process. This includes preparing the year end consolidated balance sheets and profit and loss accounts, collating all information for the notes to the accounts, preparing directors’ emoluments schedules and liaising with the external auditors throughout the process.
- To manage the corporation tax process, ensuring annual returns and quarterly tax payment workings are prepared accurately and submitted on time. Also, to provide general tax guidance and advice to ensure compliance for the UK entities; this may involve research into other jurisdictions in which the companies operate, e.g. Norway and India.
- To generate an annual Research and Development tax claim and annual Patent Box claim, seeking to gain significant tax savings using knowledge and analysis of the business’s financial data.
- Preparation and/or review of other periodic returns, such as monthly VAT reporting, monthly EC sales list, annual EP APP5, annual P11Ds and annual PSA.
- Preparation of the company Norwegian and Indian corporation tax workings and liaison with the company’s regional tax advisors to ensure compliance in all jurisdictions in which the company operates.
- Preparation of Consolidated Group Flash figures within the reporting deadlines. This includes review of Entity information and preparation of supplementary workings for some group companies.
- Reconciliation of the monthly Apprenticeship Levy and Cycle to Work (CTW) scheme deductions, including setting up new apprentices on the company levy portal and co-ordinating the monthly VAT invoices for the CTW scheme.
- Further tax compliance studies including transfer pricing analysis and Permanent Entity risk review and mitigation.
- Manage Innovate Grant financial information, including review of quarterly returns prepared by other departments, managing and overseeing the audit process and providing ad hoc advice to the relevant business functions.
- To carry out key tasks of the company’s treasury function, such as preparing a schedule of group cash balances for the Chairman, reviewing foreign currency cash flow forecasts for forward contracts, and preparing hedging and investment options for the Heads of Finance.
- To undertake variance analysis of Sonardyne International’s overhead expenditure by cost centre, including regular communication, advice and reviews with the cost centre managers. Checking for coding errors and correcting through general ledger journals. Following up on variances to budget and unbudgeted spend. Providing feedback to the Heads of Finance.
- Provide cover for other members of the finance team as required.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Degree qualified (desirable)
- ACCA/ACA qualified (essential)
Knowledge and Experience:
- Detailed knowledge of accounting standards and financial statutory requirements (essential)
- Working knowledge of current UK tax legislation (essential)
- Understanding of VAT, and Intrastat & EC sales reporting requirements (desirable)
- Knowledge of UK R&D Tax legislation (desirable)
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements (multi-currency desirable)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel pivot tables and VLOOKUPs (essential)
- Interrogation, extraction and manipulation of data from ERP systems (Syspro, SAP, Oracle, etc.) (desirable)
- Good communication skills – written and verbal – ability to communicate and collaborate with finance and non-finance colleagues at all levels within an organisation
- Discretion and tact, with an understanding that confidentiality is critical for this role
- Planning and organising especially prioritisation, through and methodical with good attention to detail
- Strong level of numeracy
- Proven ability to Self-motivated
- Team player
- Ability to meet deadlines, whilst also dealing with interruptions and changing priorities
What Sonardyne offer:
There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We always try to keep our salaries competitive and offer an attractive benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing – locally payable fitness classes on-site and free fruit, local area walking & bike riding routes
- Flexible Working Arrangements scheme
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
No Agencies please.
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF THE CLOSING DATE, YOU SHOULD ASSUME YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.