Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire, UK
What do we do?
From the Mariana Trench, the deepest point in our oceans, to the coastline and anywhere in-between, we make the impossible possible through our continuous passion for innovation. That innovation comes from our greatest asset: our employees. They design, engineer and manufacture technologies that are the enabling our customers to discover, navigate, measure, detect and communicate in the toughest environment on earth: our oceans.
Who are we looking for?
An experienced Expeditor/Junior Buyer to join our Purchasing Team, to ensure that ordered components and assemblies are progressed and received within the correct timescales and to satisfactory quality levels in order to meet the Production schedule and satisfy sales order and project commitments. Also to manage the purchasing process for allocated products in an accurate, cost-effective and timely manner, ensuring suppliers are fully aware of Company priorities and requirements, in order to meet internal customer purchasing demands.
- 1. To generate and manage regular reports using the Company’s MRP system to produce an accurate overview of placed orders, identifying shortages and delays and issues directly impacting production and project schedules.
- 2. On a weekly basis, to send out all Supplier Order books and update the Master Expediting Spreadsheet report with delivery dates as and when Supplier responses come in.
3. To assist in managing incoming Supplier Order Acknowledgements and verifying details against the Syspro Purchase Order. Any discrepancies on price and delivery date to be communicated to the relevant Buyer and where necessary, details to be updated within Syspro.
4. To liaise directly, via telephone or face to face, with suppliers (both external and internal), progress purchase orders and internal work orders for goods required by the company, understanding the reason for the delays and ascertain adjusted delivery dates, escalating outstanding issues to the Production Planners, Buyers and Purchasing Manager.
5. To communicate and work closely with the relevant Buyer in regard to any delivery date slippages from their Suppliers and ensure any communication issues being encountered with the Supplier are escalated up the to the relevant Buyer when necessary, within a timely manner.
6. To receive information from Production Planners, Buyers, Production staff, Stores, Engineering etc. regarding rescheduled materials requirements, incorrect supply of components, adjusted order levels, engineering change notes etc. and ensure suppliers are fully aware of the new commitments and can supply against new timescales to the quality levels desired by the Company.
7. To accurately update all transactions onto Syspro with dates and appropriate notations added to purchase orders ensuring all Syspro users have a comprehensive view of materials orders and deliveries.
8. To provide regular and comprehensive statistical and general information, as directed, to enable timely management of potential supply problems or highlight consistent non-conformance in the supplier network.
9. To prepare for and attend the weekly Sales Order/Production meeting to provide Supplier Delivery updates to Production/Sales Office/Materials Control Team regarding Sales Orders/Production Schedules.
10. To process Non-Stock Purchase Requisitions and ensure all requisitions submitted comply with set Company Authority Levels.
11. To analyse, action and prioritise allocated purchasing demands, generated via the Syspro MRP system to meet Production and Projects schedules and other ‘internal’ customer requirements and to ensure quality while pursuing stock holding reductions and price cost down opportunities when purchasing.
12. To obtain quotations, analyse and place orders with suppliers in a timely manner via telephone and/or email, using Preferred Supplier Lists or individually negotiated contracts, ensuring all orders are placed within correct authority levels and are recorded through Syspro, generating Purchase Order Numbers for communication to the originating Department.
13. To assist the Buyers and Purchasing Manager with any procurement/planning related administration that they may require assistance with.
14. To help in carrying out any other tasks that may be required within the Materials Control Department.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Experience of Expediting and Purchasing
- Knowledge and practical experience of MRP systems
- A good working knowledge of the MS Office suite, especially Excel
- An understanding of purchasing processes and procedures
- Experience of working within a Manufacturing environment
- Strong work organisation and prioritisation skills
- Assertiveness, displaying excellent communication skills at all levels
- Strong analytic skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
what Sonardyne offer:
There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We always try to keep our salaries competitive and offer an attractive benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing – locally payable fitness classes on-site and free fruit, local area walking & bike riding routes
- Flexible Working Arrangements scheme
- Discretionary performance related pay scheme, designed to recognise employees contribution to our success
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
No Agencies please.