What do we do?
From the Mariana Trench, the deepest point on earth, to the coastline and anywhere in-between, we make the impossible possible through our continuous passion for innovation. That innovation comes from our greatest asset: our people. They design, engineer and manufacture technologies that are enabling our customers to discover, navigate, measure, detect and communicate in the toughest environment on earth: our oceans. We’ve been actively developing the technology to make the oceans accessible for nearly 50 years and we’re only just getting started…
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an Expeditor/Assistant Buyer to manage the Supplier Purchase Order expediting process, including actioning exception messages in order to satisfy the internal Sales Forecast, customer, engineering and stock requirements. The jobholder will manage the purchasing process for allocated products/services.
- Generate and send out all Supplier Order books weekly. Update Syspro Purchase Orders with responses upon receipt of supplier delivery updates.
- Action Material Requirement Planning driven Re-schedule messages, including re-schedule in/out, cancellations.
- Manage Supplier Acknowledgements, including verification and then updating of acknowledgement against Purchase Order.
- To communicate directly with Suppliers to expedite Purchase Orders and understand the reasons for any delays.
- To work closely with and escalate to the relevant Buyer, any challenging supplier delivery delays and any supplier communication issues.
- To represent the Purchasing Department in the weekly Sales Order/Production Meeting, including preparation of answers on external shortages.
- Work closely with the Planning Team to manage and communicate supplier shortages for Production.
- Generate the weekly report for Supplier On Time Delivery, a key KPI Measure in the Materials Control Team, working towards achieving the set targets.
- To process Non-Stock Purchase Requisitions and convert into Purchase Orders.
- Action Requests for Quotations.
- Place Purchase Orders against Stock items for allocated Portfolio of categories via Materials Requirement Planning Buy messages in Syspro.
- Co-ordinate and process any New Supplier Approvals.
- Participation in Improvement activities within the Purchasing Team.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be required within the Materials Control Team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Use of an MRP System (Essential)
- Strong MS Office User – specifically advanced Excel skills (Essential)
- Understanding of Purchasing processes and procedures (Essential)
- Experience within a Manufacturing Environment (Essential)
- Syspro User – Syspro 7+ ideal (Desirable)
There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We keep our salaries competitive and offer our employees the following benefits package:
- 25 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Holiday Purchase Scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness Absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced Maternity Pay Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible Working Arrangements Scheme
- Discretionary Performance Related Pay Scheme, designed to recognise employees contribution to our success
Ready to join the team…? …then e-mail your CV and cover letter to the HR.TEAM@SONARDYNE.COM
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.