Embedded Software Engineer
Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire, UK
Subsea Group Manager
who are we looking for?
The candidate will be able to design, develop and support new and updated subsea acoustic products and systems, utilising the latest in innovative techniques and processes and securing maximum collaboration across the Company in order to deliver market and customer requirements in a timely and cost-effective manner.
To create practical, yet innovative, detailed Design Specifications encompassing hardware, software and firmware for new and modified/updated products and systems, through the interpretation of High-Level Design Specifications generated as a result of market demand, specific customer request or engineering initiatives.
- To drive the development of designs into safe, reliable and robust working products/systems, creating plans and specifications for technical equipment, components, engineered systems etc, compiling bills of materials, reviewing electronic circuitry, coding/testing firmware etc
- To develop and maintain excellent communication channels across the Company including Engineering, Production, Materials Control, Customer Support etc to influence the progress and success of the development cycle.
- To produce analytical and support documentation for all designs, from engineering drawings, test specifications and procedures, analysis of test data, Change Control Notes, Trials specifications and Trials reports, to product manuals and updates for quarterly Company Board Reports. All documentation to be created in accordance with the Company Quality procedures.
- To familiarise and inform key internal departments e.g. Customer Support, Production, Survey Support Group etc regarding new product/system design specifications and features as well as demonstrating an understanding of the application of the products/systems.
- To provide specialist product support to internal employees and external customers for new and existing products where required.
- Preferred Graduate Level including the following disciplines: Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Degrees with programming in the syllabus, Mathematics or Physics.
- Experience in some of the following areas is required:
- Has recent experience, expertise and capability in electronics design and embedded programming.
- Has experience in cross discipline complex system development (e.g. embedded software, electronic, firmware, mechanical).
- Previous Linux user space application development
- GIT, Jira / Jenkins
- Demonstrates an eagerness to take ownership and further knowledge base through on the job and external training.
- Has a collaborative approach while still showing strong self-motivation.
- Has experience working in fast paced environments handling multiple, competing priorities.
- Has recent experience,expertise and capability in electronics design and embedded programming
- Acoustic transducers and amplifiers
- Underwater acoustics
- Personal Skills:
- Technical curiosity
- Analytical reasoning ability
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organising skills
- Results driven
- Communications; verbal and written
WHAT SONARDYNE OFFER:
- There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We always try to keep our salaries competitive and offer an attractive benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing – locally payable fitness classes on-site and free fruit, local area walking & bike riding routes
- Flexible Working Arrangements scheme
- Discretionary performance related pay scheme, designed to recognise employees contribution to our success
Are you ready to be a part of our continuous passion for innovation? ……
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
No Agencies please.
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF THE CLOSING DATE, YOU SHOULD ASSUME YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL