(Senior) Embedded Software Engineer
Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire UK
Embedded Software Team Leader
What we do?
From the Mariana Trench, the deepest point in our oceans, to the coastline and anywhere in-between, we make the impossible possible through our continuous passion for innovation. That innovation comes from our greatest asset: our employees. They design, engineer and manufacture technologies that are the enabling our customers to discover, navigate, measure, detect and communicate in the toughest environment on earth: our oceans.
Within the INS Group we design and develop world leading embedded navigation solutions which are used on the most advanced surface and subsea vehicles in the world. This helps our customers perform tasks which were previously impossible and together we continue to push the boundary for high accuracy applications within the Marine market.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
An experienced Senior Embedded Software Engineer or Embedded Software Engineer to join our INS Group. As part of the INS Group you will be working not only with the INS Group but also closely with the entire Sonardyne engineer team working together on providing world leading embedded navigation solutions.
1. To become Domain Expert on Linux Real-Time implementation and integration and provide guidance, recommendations and training within the embedded software team.
2. Building and maintaining long term software solution strategies and software product roadmaps.
3. Work with sales, Engineering and Customers to define functional requirements to meet the demanding marine market requirements.
4. Work closely with our algorithm team defining, implementing, testing and supporting novel algorithms.
5. Drive identification and implementation of common practices and opportunities to share code bases within the embedded software team
6. Provide guidance on different approaches to development and delivery of solutions/systems that could yield better results.
The ideal candidate:
- Has recent and strong experience, expertise and capability in embedded, Linux Real-Time based environment(s) involving development, delivery and ongoing support.
- Has experience in cross discipline complex system development (e.g. software, embedded, electronic, firmware, mechanical).
- Proven track-record with implementing complex algorithms in embedded systems and demonstrating ownership and accountability throughout the entire development process
- Fosters a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation and excellence.
- Has a collaborative approach while still showing strong self-motivation.
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability for the entire product delivery process.
- Has experience working in fast paced environments handling multiple, competing priorities.
what Sonardyne offer:
There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We always try to keep our salaries competitive and offer an attractive benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing – locally payable fitness classes on-site and free fruit, local area walking & bike riding routes
- Flexible Working Arrangements scheme
- Discretionary performance related pay scheme, designed to recognise employees contribution to our success
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
No agencies please.
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF THE CLOSING DATE, YOU SHOULD ASSUME YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.