Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire, UK
Head of IT
who are we looking for?
Someone to specify, develop, test, document, implement and support software solutions that extend and/or integrate Sonardyne line of business application capabilities. They will also work with others in the IT team and at Sonardyne to identify opportunities for improvements to applications and their use at Sonardyne.
- To develop new functionality for Sonardyne’s line of business software applications.
- To create application upgrade or migration plans and to complete ad-hoc modification or functionality updates to meet business needs.
- To troubleshoot issues, identify resolutions and provide support to users on software applications
- To produce technical documentation in support of applications, modifications and upgrades.
- To capture requirements through review meetings with key users.
- To analyse business systems and propose improvements in applications that improve business operations and efficiency.
- To create good working relationships within the IT Team and with users to encourage utilisation of business applications.
- To share development and other expertise with IT Team members to improve their knowledge and skills.
- To support other members of the IT Team in resolving business, application or operational issues, ensuring the minimum disruption to business operations
Preferably a good IT related degree or equivalent, 2 to 3 years’ demonstrable experience working in a similar development role and able to communicate well with everyone involved in the organisation.
Note: Sonardyne works with customers in sectors that may require Sonardyne employees to undergo security clearance. Employees may be asked to complete a Criminal Record Declaration or similar forms for relevant checks to be performed. Candidates must be eligible for Security Clearance.
- ASP.NET / WCF
- Microsoft CRM customisation
- Exposure to SharePoint development
- Azure or equivalent cloud service experience
- Power BI or other business intelligence suite exposure
- Development of API driven integration between applications.
- Understanding of the software lifecycle from requirements to testing and deployment
- Good understanding of object orientated design skills and best practices
- Understanding of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016/365 functionality and capabilities
- MSCRM and MS Office integration experience
- Experience in gathering and evaluating stakeholder requirements to ensure process definitions are complete
- Experience in mapping desired processes to existing/available technologies
- Experience of developing clear, concise documentation (design, technical and support)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and interact well with all levels of the business
- A logical and reasoned approach to problem solving with good analytical problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills for communication at all levels of the business
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise key tasks from multiple, simultaneous work streams by maintaining a clear perspective on business needs
- Organised, pragmatic and able to influence, persuade and challenge the status quo
- A finisher of work, able to differentiate between solving a problem and the perfect solution
- Confident in ability to learn new technologies and become proficient in the use and development of existing applications
- Able to demonstrate a proactive approach with a bias for action
- Able to make decisions and work independently with relevant input
- Capable of producing suitable and informative progress reports and system documentation.
- Are you ready to be a part of our continuous passion for innovation? ……
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
No Agencies please.
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF THE CLOSING DATE, YOU SHOULD ASSUME YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL