Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire
Head of IT
The purpose of this role is to extend our current software development capabilities with an enthusiastic colleague working in a Microsoft centric software development environment. It will include developing, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting technical software solutions that extend and/or integrate Sonardyne line of business applications. You will also work with others in the IT team and at Sonardyne to identify, create specifications for and develop continuing improvements to applications and their use at Sonardyne.
1. To develop new functionality for Sonardyne’s new and existing software application portfolio.
2. To create application upgrade or migration plans to the latest released versions and to complete ad-hoc maintenance, modification or functionality updates to meet business needs.
3. To troubleshoot issues, identify resolutions and provide technical support to all users on software applications
4. To produce technical documentation in support of new and existing applications, modifications and upgrades.
5. To capture requirements through design review meetings with key users.
6. To present recommendations for proposed development to the Head of IT and other members of the IT Team
7. To analyse business systems and propose improvements in applications that improve business operations and efficiency.
8. To create good working relationships within the IT Team and with users to encourage utilisation of business applications.
9. To share development and other expertise with IT Team members to improve their knowledge and skills.
10. To support other members of the IT Team in resolving business, application or operational issues, ensuring the minimum disruption to business operations.
cORE cOMPANY rESPONSIBILITES
1. To understand, apply and promote a ‘safety first’ culture, personally and amongst all direct reports, ensuring strict compliance with both Sonardyne and Customer policies, procedures and practices relating to Health, Safety and Environment, including the completion of risk assessments, workplace inspections, wearing of PPE, complying with Safe Working Instructions, undertaking training and communication, incident investigations and ensuring timely identification, escalation and resolution of any aspects that could adversely impact employees health & safety or others, as a result of Sonardyne work activities.
2. To ensure awareness, understanding and adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures including Health & Safety, Anti Bribery, Code of Conduct/Ethics, ISO – QMS, Financial, Commercial, Operational and Employment related.
3. To contribute to the Sonardyne continuous improvement process through the presentation of corrective actions, suggestions, or initiatives, focussed on increasing efficiency, productivity, technical advancement, customer satisfaction and employee morale etc within the Marketing team or Companywide.
4. To maintain and update technical and professional job competencies (qualification, knowledge, and personal skills), through continuous personal development including formal training, selfdirected learning, use of professional workshops, membership of professional bodies, literature reviews etc.
5. To keep up to date with Company organisation and structure, technology, products, applications and customers, through attendance on training events, personal liaison with internal commercial, technical and business support staff and awareness of general Company internal communications.
6. To establish, maintain and promote effective internal working relationships across the Company through the demonstration of positive two-way communications, planning, and collaborative working style.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE:
A team of IT professionals, comprising of developers, system administrators and support personnel.
Sonardyne’s IT Department is responsible for Sonardyne’s worldwide IT, providing support and services to all Sonardyne employees.
Not expected, though some UK travel may be requested.
The ideal candidate will have a good IT related degree or equivalent qualification, 2 to 3 years’ demonstrable experience working in similar development role and be able to communicate well with everyone involved in the business.
3. ASP.NET / WCF
4. Microsoft CRM customisation
5. Exposure to SharePoint development
6. SQL Server Analysis Services experience
7. Azure or equivalent cloud service experience
8. Power BI or other business intelligence suite exposure
Development of API driven integration between applications
Understanding of the software lifecycle from requirements to testing and deployment
Good understanding of object orientated design skills and best practices
Understanding of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016/365 functionality and capabilities
MSCRM and MS Office integration experience
Experience in gathering and evaluating stakeholder requirements and changes to ensure process definitions are complete
Experience in mapping desired processes to existing/available technologies
Experience of developing clear, concise documentation (design, technical and support)
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and interact well with all levels of the business
A logical and reasoned approach to problem solving with good analytical problem-solving skills
Good written and verbal communication skills for communication at all levels of the business
Ability to multi-task and prioritise key tasks from multiple, simultaneous work streams by maintaining a clear perspective on business needs
Organised, pragmatic and able to influence, persuade and challenge the status quo
A finisher of work, able to differentiate between solving a problem and the perfect solution
Confident in ability to learn new technologies and become proficient in the use and development of existing LOB/middleware applications
Able to demonstrate a proactive approach
Able to make decisions and work independently with relevant input
Capable of producing suitable and informative progress reports and system documentation.
Sonardyne work with customers within defence and public sectors who often require Sonardyne employees to undergo security clearance. Employees may be asked from time to time to provide nationality and immigration status and complete a Criminal Record Declaration form in order for security checks to be performed.
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk