Collection and Delivery Coordinator
Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire
To transport items/parts between Company buildings with care and within specified timescales adhering to Health & Safety procedures/legal regulations at all times and ensuring maximum levels of internal and external customer satisfaction.
1. To deliver and collect individuals parts, completed ‘kits’ or ad hoc items to internal customers within Production and other areas within the Company by conducting frequent daily rounds between the 3 buildings, using a variety of transport methods ie trolley, electric buggy or Fork Lift Truck or by hand for smaller items.
2. To deliver and collect individuals parts/items from external suppliers, subcontractors or customers on the request/instruction from the Stores Supervisor by using the appropriate Company vehicle.
3. To ensure, in conjunction with the Stores staff and the recipients, the vehicles used for delivery/collection are loaded and unloaded in the correct manner and in accordance and with Health & Safety regulations/procedures.
4. To ensure the correct paperwork accompanies each item and where necessary the recipients or collection areas or companies sign on delivery and collection.
5. To drive all Company vehicles with the utmost care adhering to both legal regulations and Company procedures.
6. To carry out basic vehicle checks before using Company vehicles and to ensure the Facilities Management Team are fully aware of any vehicle issues/problems etc.
7. To ensure that the Stores and Despatch areas are tidy and free from hazards.
8. To understand, observe and apply a ‘safety first’ approach at all times, complying with Company policies, procedures and practices relating to Occupational Health & Safety, including all provisions in the Sonardyne Safety System (SMS01/SMS02) eg completion of JSA’s, wearing of PPE, following Safe Working Practice instructions, undertaking H&S training and escalation of any observations of activities or aspects that could adversely impact employees’ health and safety, or others, resulting from personal or Sonardyne work activities.
9. To pick and issue items to fulfil stores requisition’s and kits for both internal and external companies.
10. To contribute to the continual improvement process through the suggestion of initiatives and ideas that could improve areas such as working conditions, efficiency, team morale and internal customer relations.
11. To understand and comply with all Company Policies and Procedures including Health & Safety, Anti Bribery, ISO9001-QMS and Operational requirements at all times.
Dimensions of the Role
Team: A member of the Stores department which comprises the Stores Supervisor, and a small team reporting directly to the Stores supervisor.
Size and Scope: Sonardyne holds approximately £7m worth of stock and has over 20,000 stock items.
Daily Activity: On average Sonardyne receives between 10 and 30 plus external deliveries per day
Facilities: Sonardyne has 3 buildings on the Blackbushe Business Park.
Travel: Some travel in the local area will be required to deliver and collect items. Occasional travel to the Plymouth Trials Facility may also be required.
Current clean driving licence
Fork Lift Truck driving licence
Knowledge/awareness of electrical/mechanical parts
A working knowledge of Manual Handling regulations desirable
IT literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Word
A good level of numeracy
Previous collection/delivery/driving experience with ideally Stores/Despatch experience within a manufacturing environment
Proven experience of driving difference vehicles ranging from electric buggies, Fork Lift Trucks, cars, vans, etc
• Excellent customer service orientation
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work with others
• Strong work organisation
• Ability to lift loads in accordance with Manual Handling guidelines
• Good manual dexterity
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk