CNC Turner Programmer Setter
Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire
Machine Shop Manager
To facilitate the efficient running a Haas CNC Lathe. Ensuring correct operation of a CNC lathe to deliver components against Customer orders within stated tolerances, deadlines and Company Quality standards.
1. To understand and implement, with minimum supervision, a set of instructions provided by the Machine Shop Manager in the form of a Job Card. This will include, for reference, technical drawings, materials and specifications etc.:
2. To Programme, Set and operate a CNC lathe according to drawing requirements.
3. To ensure the component output from the lathe has been produced to the specified tolerances and Quality standards as detailed on the technical drawings by visually inspecting the machined components, in addition to using various measuring equipment, i.e. Vernier callipers and micrometers.
4.To debur machined components across a range of materials to ensure they meet Departmental and Quality standards e.g. ensuring the material is smooth and is within useable tolerances.
5. To back up all programmes onto the company system and create layout sheets for each operation.
6. To report to the Machine Shop Manager, or nominated deputy, any component that falls outside of acceptable tolerances and/or any error detected during or after the production process.
7. To deliver finished production runs of components to the Quality Inspection Department.
8. To ensure a clean and tidy working area is maintained to Departmental standards at all times.
- 9. To undertake a thorough clean on a weekly basis of the assigned CNC lathe and any other machinery used during the working week, using standard domestic cleaning materials.
- 10. To enter job booking information onto the Company’s ERP system, i.e. Syspro, on a daily basis for planning/reporting purposes.
11. To complete weekly timesheets accurately and on time.
cORE COMPANY RESPONSIBILITIES
- 1. To promote a ‘safety-first’ culture, ensuring strict compliance with Customer and Sonardyne Company policies, procedures and practices relating to Occupational Health & Safety and Environment, including completion of risk assessments, workplace inspections, wearing of PPE, undertaking training and communication re safe working instructions, incident investigations etc. and ensuring timely identification, escalation and resolution of any aspects that could adversely impact employees health and safety, or others, as a result of Sonardyne work activities.
- 2. To actively contribute to the Company’s continuous improvement process through presentation of corrective actions, suggestions or initiatives focussed on increasing efficiency, productivity, customer satisfaction and employee morale throughout Sonardyne.
- 3. To keep up-to-date with Company organisation and structure, technology, products, applications and customers, through attendance on training events, personal liaison with internal commercial, technical and business support staff and awareness of general Company internal communications.
- 4. To establish, maintain and promote effective working relationships across the Company based on positive two-way communications, planning and a collaborative working style.
- 5. To ensure awareness, understanding and adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures, including Health & Safety, Anti Bribery, ISO-QMS, Financial, Commercial and Operational.
- 6. To maintain technical and professional job competencies (qualifications, knowledge and personal skills) through continuous development activities including formal training, self-directed learning, use of professional networks, literature reviews etc.
dIMENSIONS AND SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
Machine Shop Manager
3 x CNC Turner/Programmer/Setter/Operator
2 x CNC Miller/Programmer/Setter/Operator
1 x CNC Lathe/Mill Setter Operator
Machined components for complete range of Sonardyne product portfolio e.g. Compatt housings, connector end caps, gyro housings, WSM End Caps and back masses etc.
Plastic, Steel, Aluminium, etc
Recognised time served apprenticeship accompanied with city & guilds or similar.
Proven experience of Programming CNC lathes, familiarity with Haas Controls is favourable
Experience of working to Quality Standards
Competent in deburring in cycle, a range of materials i.e. plastic, steel, aluminium
Competent in the use of measuring equipment i.e Vernier callipers and micrometers
Ability to read and understand technical drawings
Ability to input data into ERP system i.e. Syspro
Fanuc programming desireable
Attention to detail
Capable of multi-tasking
Self reliant, working with minimum supervision
Ability to work well with others
Good manual dexterity
Ability to lift between 18kg to 25kg
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk