Business Development Manager
Blackbushe, Yateley, Hampshire, UK
Sales and Marketing Director
To support Sonardyne’s business development and diversification activities on a project by project basis in the delivery of focussed business development plans for emergent markets and general support of sales activities; across the existing Sonardyne market segments of Developing, Telecoms and Renewables together with other nascent markets such as Aquaculture.
Provision of market analysis
High level strategic support for forecasting, pricing, agent and reseller network.
1. To develop and present, on a project basis, fully researched business-plans for Company identified opportunities for both internal and external investment.
2. To support Sonardyne diversification activities by the provision of market analysis, technology reviews and other investigations as required.
3. To develop effective sales strategies and marketing initiatives in collaboration with global business managers, regional sales management, sales teams and central marketing.
4. To gather, analyse and communicate market intelligence data throughout the Company including market size, emerging applications, technology requirements, competitor activities, product comparisons, pricing sensitivities etc.
5. To support the delivery to regional sales teams and other customer facing staff of tools to maximise business success, consistency of message and Company image in the market sectors including proposal templates, CRM reports, data sheets, presentations etc.
Customer Relationship Management / Fulfilment Management
6. To develop and maintain working business relationships with key individuals within the markets.
7. To target and develop business relationships with key individuals.
8. To enhance the reputation and profile of Sonardyne, promoting the Company’s name, brand and capabilities through active networking and participation with trade bodies, institutions/societies etc, conference presentations, publication of papers and delivery of innovative targeted marketing initiatives.
9. To develop and review business processes.
10. To work with the Sales & Marketing Director to provide direct assistance to the regional sales teams with sales proposals and advice on tactics for major/strategic impact sales activities.
11. To work with the existing Global Business Managers to provide global co-ordination of sales activities ensuring opportunities requiring international cooperation are handled professionally, efficiently and seamlessly with respect to the end customer.
12. To route any potential commercial opportunities to the relevant direct sales teams for follow up and progress of sale.
Core Company Responsibilities
1. To understand, apply and promote a ‘safety first’ culture, personally and amongst all direct reports, ensuring strict compliance with both Sonardyne and Customer policies, procedures and practices relating to Health, Safety and Environment, including the completion of risk assessments, workplace inspections, wearing of PPE, complying with Safe Working Instructions, undertaking training and communication, incident investigations and ensuring timely identification, escalation and resolution of any aspects that could adversely impact employees health & safety or others, as a result of Sonardyne work activities
2. To ensure awareness, understanding and adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures including Health & Safety, Anti Bribery, Code of Conduct/Ethics, ISO – QMS, Financial, Commercial, Operational and Employment related
3. To contribute to the Sonardyne continuous improvement process through the presentation of corrective actions, suggestions, or initiatives, focussed on increasing efficiency, productivity, technical advancement, customer satisfaction and employee morale etc within the Marketing team or Companywide
4. To maintain an update technical and professional job competencies (qualification, knowledge, and personal skills), through continuous personal development including formal training, self-directed learning, use of professional workshops, membership of professional bodies, literature reviews etc
5. To keep up to date with Company organisation and structure, technology, products, applications and customers, through attendance on training events, personal liaison with internal commercial, technical and business support staff and awareness of general Company internal communications
6. To establish, maintain and promote effective internal working relationships across the Company through the demonstration of positive two-way communications, planning, and collaborative working style
Dimensions and scope of the role
Staff Responsibility: No direct line management
Market Sector Coverage: Renewables, Telecoms, Aquaculture, Developing
Customer Profiles: Universities, Research Institutes, Industrial, various…
Travel: Approx 25 days per annum away from work base: visits to UK /international Regional Offices, strategic sales support visits and major international conferences /exhibitions
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent business experience
• A comprehensive understanding of subsea technology and specific market sector
• Proven experience of developing commercial market perspectives and creation of business
• Experience of Business Plan compilation
• Experience in successfully influencing across indirect resources and multi-disciplines to achieve Business Plan targets and objectives
• Proven experience of applying business and commercial acumen to identify new business opportunities
• 5 years experience of technical business development
• Proven experience of establishing and promoting a customer orientated culture
• Proven experience of building new and maintaining existing networks of effective business relationships within and external to the organisation
• Experience of establishing personal and organisational credibility and expertise at all business levels
• Customer orientation
• Achievement orientation
• People orientation
• Effective communication: both verbal and written
• Work organisation: planning, prioritising, multi-tasking and controlling
• Analytical and evaluative approach
• Solution focussed
• Change orientation with emphasis on continuous improvement
• Decision quality – ability to make objective decisions
We welcome applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK. To check your status please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
No Agencies please.