What do we do?
From the Mariana Trench, the deepest point on earth, to the coastline and anywhere in-between, we make the impossible possible through our continuous passion for innovation. That innovation comes from our greatest asset: our people. They design, engineer and manufacture technologies that are enabling our customers to discover, navigate, measure, detect and communicate in the toughest environment on earth: our oceans. We’ve been actively developing the technology to make the oceans accessible for nearly 50 years and we’re only just getting started…
Who are we looking for?
We have an opening for a Business Development Manager to support the development of Sonardyne’s Ocean Science global business through sustainable profitable growth in sales of instruments (particularly ADCP) and systems for MetOcean and environmental observing applications, with emphasis on sales through its agent and reseller network. Travel will be required as a part of the role.
- Build and maintain strong and positive relationships with end-users in order to develop and monitor a knowledgebase of requirements, accessible market estimates and competitors for Sonardyne’s current and future MetOcean and environmental observing technologies. This is to be particularly focussed on ADCP, but also including (but not limited to):
- A. Acoustic Releases
- B. Modems
- C. Shallow water USBL system
- Use this knowledgebase to provide commercial product life cycle leadership of development, introduction, sales & marketing strategy and launch(es) with the goal of revenue generation in line with Sonardyne’s rolling 5-year framework and 10-year plans:
- A. Compile and manage a business plan for these product(s) through development to successful sales securing target revenue results.
- B. Develop and implement market winning strategies and capture plans to expand the sales channels and customer base for these products, via agents and resellers, e-commerce and Sonardyne’s regional sales teams.
- C. Be the recognised internal expert in the value proposition of these products to their end-users and work with internal stakeholders to ensure that Sonardyne stays ahead of its competitors.
- D. Work with relevant internal engineering product managers to roadmap, specify and deliver effective new product launches.
- E. Support the regional sales teams through the generation and coordination of marketing and support materials, product training, customer / product touch points and competitive position appropriate to these sales channels.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate internal company procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent business experience.
- >2Y experience in ocean science (or related industry) business development
- Track record of successful working with agent and resellers across diverse geographies.
- Ability to work effectively across a portfolio of diverse opportunities simultaneously.
- Ability to develop technical understanding of target equipment portfolio (particularly ADCPs) to an enhanced sales level.
- Ability to deliver a successful commercial campaign for a given new or existing product from either development stage (or to reinvigorate existing product), through launch and successful revenue generation including route to market modelling and product positioning in the market.
- Collaborative style with the confidence and integrity to earn customer and internal stakeholders’ confidence and respect.
- Self-starter and proactive with a strong work drive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to report at all levels within the business and externally as required.
- CMarSci/FIMarEST or equivalent
- Well established international network of MetOcean and environmental observing contacts.
- Track record of developing and expanding an international agent and reseller network.
- Track record of delivering significant sales growth.
- Prior technical and/or operational experience with target equipment portfolio, particularly ADCPs.
There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We keep our salaries competitive and offer our employees the following benefits package:
- 25 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Holiday Purchase Scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness Absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced Maternity Pay Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible Working Arrangements Scheme
- Discretionary Performance Related Pay Scheme, designed to recognise employees contribution to our success
Ready to join the team…? …then e-mail your CV and cover letter to the HR.TEAM@SONARDYNE.COM
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.