What do we do?
From the Mariana Trench, the deepest point on earth, to the coastline and anywhere in-between, we make the impossible possible through our continuous passion for innovation. That innovation comes from our greatest asset: our people. They design, engineer and manufacture technologies that are enabling our customers to discover, navigate, measure, detect and communicate in the toughest environment on earth: our oceans. We’ve been actively developing the technology to make the oceans accessible for nearly 50 years and we’re only just getting started…
Who are we looking for?
This role will manage the successful adoption, specification, delivery, integration, operation and support of Sonardyne products and technology into cohesive application solutions for customers.
- To Support the sales team in Sonardyne technology capability presentations, opportunity development and proposal preparation, including cost/effort estimation.
- Manage effective support & integration of Sonardyne product into application solutions (both remotely from Sonardyne office and onshore/offshore customer sites as required).
- Working with support teams and technology leads, support customers in operational application planning, e.g. performance prediction and simulation, acoustic array planning.
- To lead, develop and motivate internal cross functional internal teams in the development and support of application solutions.
- Working with internal technology & product leads and system test resources, plan and manage system or customer specific testing prior to delivery
- Identify and rectify faults from component through to system level using specialist internal resources where required.
- Liaise with 3rd party equipment providers (primarily on integration and testing activities) as required to provide integrated application solutions to shared customers.
- Working with internal technology and product leads, maintain and provide customer documentation and software tools that are simplified and optimised application solutions.
- Provide the customer with formal and informal application solution training as required.
- To create and maintain application product plans incorporating key deliverables, tasks, milestones, dependencies and resources.
- Pro-actively feed customer requirements into the Engineering development roadmap, including interfaces, system architecture and 3’d party sensor integration.
- To record and manage application solution risks, escalating to senior management where required.
- To deliver application solution internal communication within the company, including application solution deliverable functionality, competitive analysis, schedule, pricing, etc.
- Assist the Marketing team as required in the marketing of Application solutions.
- Assist the Commercial Lead / Global Business Manager in commercial activities
- Manage technology demonstrations and evaluations as required (both at Sonardyne facilities and onshore/offshore customer sites).
- Keep abreast of current and emerging technology and operational trends in marine technology.
- Represent the Company as a recognized authority in Sonardyne technology integration and operation.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
The role requires excellent communication skills at many levels. The job holder will deal directly with the following internal stakeholders:
- Business Managers & Sales Team
- Engineering Manager & PMO Manager
- Engineering Technology and Product Leads
- Survey Support Group and Customer Support
- Finance and Risk & Compliance Teams
The job holder will deal with the following external stakeholders:
- Mechanical Designers
- System Integrators
- Software Developers
- Project Managers
- Technical Authorities
- Commercial Decision Makers
Personal Skills and Attributes:
- Problem solving skills & critical thinking
- Team worker (engagement at all levels)
- Strong negotiation expertise
- Conflict management & Conflict resolution
- Stress & Pressure tolerance
- Planning and organizing (Planning, Risk Management)
- Decision-making (Delegation of Authority Guide)
- Communication skills
- Degree in Engineering, Maths or Physics
Proven experience in marine technology applications: systems operation, integration/architecture, navigation/guidance, communications and subsea monitoring systems
Proven experience of subsea hardware interfacing including mechanics, serial and Ethernet protocols, power, time synchronisation.
- Understanding of Acoustic Doppler Current Profiling technology and use cases
- Experienced software or embedded software development in Python or C++
- Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Physical Oceanography
- Understanding of acoustic communications and navigation system.
Project management expertise and experience involving direct customer liaison and internal departmental co-ordination/delivery, formal Project Management qualification desirable.
Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (Robotics, Mechatronics, Survey, Electronics,
Systems, Communications, Software or similar).
- Awareness of digital electronics development
- Awareness of simulation, performance prediction and mission planning tools.
There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We keep our salaries competitive and offer a modest benefits package:
- 25 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Holiday Purchase Scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness Absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced Maternity Pay Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible Working Arrangements Scheme
- Discretionary Performance Related Pay Scheme, designed to recognise employees contribution to our success
Ready to join the team…? …then e-mail your CV and cover letter to the HR.TEAM@SONARDYNE.COM
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.