Do you have a Degree in Graphic Design or Illustration? Are you looking for a role where you can utilise your skills, if so please keep reading…..
We are looking to expand our Marketing Team and hire a 3D Product and Technical Animator on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
Head of Marketing
To design, create and render detailed graphics and animated sequences that accurately represent our products and the marine applications for which they can be used for. Working as an integral member of the marketing team, and alongside technical and commercial stakeholders, bring to life for our global customer audience the features, capabilities and value benefits offered by our solutions to help us win more business.
The Role & Specific Competencies:
- Inspire, educate and reassure customers through the creation of powerful and engaging multimedia content which represents our products, ideas, technologies and underwater applications that are normally impossible to see and often difficult to explain with words alone.
- Work in conjunction with product design teams and subject matter experts to create concise and accurate illustrations and 3D animations for use in technical publications, commercial tenders, website, social media, presentations, at trade shows and in support of product launch initiatives.
- Proactively manage project workload to ensure all hard business deadlines are met, taking into consideration the impact of initial stakeholder research, storyboarding, in progress previews and final sign-off.
- Be able to offer a range of 2D and 3D deliverables to meet the requirements of any given project including; product cutaways, concept of operation sequences, rendered photo-realistic underwater scenes, environment fly-throughs and animated videos incorporating where necessary photographs, onscreen graphics, music, effects and voice overs.
- Ensure all content is technically accurate, accessible for the intended target audience, and is consistent in terms of branding, key messaging and where applicable, tone of voice.
- Develop your knowledge of the marine energy, defence, science and related sectors, including terminology, equipment used and techniques utilised, leading to the establishment of a library of acquired and self-generated visual assets which can be repurposed in future projects.
- Provide support to colleagues in developing their content for web, digital and print advertising, event and promotional activities. Maintain a watch for creative inspiration from high technology, B2B and B2C markets outside of the marine sector.
- Undertake regular monitoring of key competitors across all Sonardyne group company markets, reporting to colleagues on your findings and suggesting initiatives to counter threats and take advantage of opportunities.
- Report and communicate to the Head of Marketing at agreed intervals, detailing activity levels, tracking impact, identifying trends and reporting market intelligence through meetings, inputs to the Marketing Function Board Report and other communication channels across the company as agreed.
You must hold a Degree or an equivalent qualification in Graphic Design or Illustration in order to be considered for this role.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Demonstrable experience within a technically orientated company/agency environment
Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and After Effects
Proficient working in a 3D package (Maya, Max, or equivalent)
Competent in working in a variety of visual styles in both 2D and 3D with an impressive show-reel
Visual storytelling skills
Experience in creating projects across many different commercial sectors.
Creativity and imagination to produce new ideas
Awareness of the latest design and animation techniques, and a willingness to keep up with the current design trends
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE