Sales Manager – Renewable Energy
As a Sales Manager, your role will be to identify and achieve sales across the full range of Sonardyne products and services to existing and new customers who have business activity in the offshore renewable energy (ORE) sector. You will also be responsible for ensuring the sales process is efficiently executed to maximise customer satisfaction and to firmly establish Sonardyne as the supplier and partner of choice.
- To identify and achieve agreed sales levels of Sonardyne products to current and new customers across the ORE market, utilising innovative sales techniques and in-house technical resources to support and promote successful sales initiatives.
- To coordinate and manage an efficient sales process from the creation of thorough and effective sales proposals, through to successful post-sales support arrangements, ensuring proposals are tenaciously progressed, the Sales Admin team within Sonardyne Aberdeen and Blackbushe are fully aware of requirements, technical queries are addressed with technical authorities across the Company and any project management requirements are fulfilled, maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction at all times.
- To maintain awareness, understanding and compliance with all Sonardyne commercial processes and procedures including authority levels and discount agreements.
- To ensure all commercial contract terms and conditions received from customers are thoroughly reviewed at regional level and with the Risk and Compliance in-house team, to ensure compliance with Sonardyne policies and risk management.
- In collaboration with BD / HoM identify and develop potential sales opportunities, product & technology gaps, potential JV/partnerships, routes to market (incl. agents and resellers), service offerings, within new and current customers in line with agreed Regional Account and Market Development plans.
- To identify and develop new customers and new contacts in existing customer base, liaising with appropriate BD / HoM.
- Assist the ORE Business Development Manager (BDM) to inform and influence internal Company strategies including product development conception, commercial pricing and processes and marketing activities, etc.
- Analyse, track and predict European ORE activities. Utilising provided analytics resources, industry news and social media observations.
- Plan with the ORE BDM appropriate strategic direction across sub-regions, recognising the differing levels of offshore development maturity within each region.
- To develop and maintain a network of industry, academic, research, governmental and trade organisation contacts through which to promote the Sonardyne brand, achieve/influence potential product sales and consider joint product/ project partnerships.
- To provide regular and thorough Sales reports to the UK Head Office and Regional Office Management as agreed, to include CRM updating of opportunities and contacts, visit reports, weekly updates for review in the UK Management Meeting, monthly Regional Office activity/forecast analyses and quarterly updates for inclusion in the Sonardyne International Board Meeting proceedings etc.
- To establish and build strong working relationships with internal staff across the Regions, Engineering, Marketing, Business Development, Service& Support, Production etc. to progress operational sales requirements, feedback on product performance/new product and application requirements etc. and to promote a collaborative working style with timely two-way communication and proactive planning.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Offshore industry knowledge with experience of offshore operations
- Ability to understand and operate with credibility in technical discussions, debates and activities within chosen markets.
- Proven sales ability, consistently achieving targets within challenging environments
- Commercial acumen and experience of contract negotiation
- Experience of delivering presentations/papers with confidence and impact
- Experience of successful market analysis
- Experience of creating and presenting effective technical sales proposals.
- Knowledge of all Sonardyne products and market applications
- Proven business development capability including evidence of networking at a senior level
You will also ideally be educated to a minimum HNC/HND level or equivalent qualification.