Sales Engineer – Sonardyne Asia Pte Ltd
This role will execute day-to-day sales activities and management necessary to achieve targeted revenue and growth. Over time you will grow in to maintaining and support existing key customer accounts plus identify and develop new opportunities for the promotion of Sonardyne solutions; ensuring that sales processes maximise customer satisfaction and firmly establish Sonardyne as the supplier and partner of choice.
You will also be responsible for facilitating the achievement of profitable sales across Sonardyne Asia territory across the full range of Sonardyne products and services through motivated and focussed sales management and team of professionals, building effective relationships with external customers to achieve Company financial and business objectives and the highest possible levels of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain and support existing key customer accounts plus identify and develop new opportunities for the promotion of Sonardyne products and services within the regional markets and business groups
- To personally promote and support sales activities in established market areas and create sales strategies, (in conjunction with the market sector Global Business Managers), to develop opportunities to introduce new and existing Sonardyne products/services into new market areas, ensuring excellent levels of financial return on sales/services at all times
- To manage agents and resellers within the territory effectively to meet agreed targets and ensure excellent two-way communications in order to maximise sales of Sonardyne products/services, with 100% adherence to Company rules and policies especially regarding business ethics e.g. Anti-Bribery Policy etc
- To define and develop new market opportunities to support Sonardyne’s long term growth within the region.
- To gather and communicate market information to inform and influence Sales, Business Development, Engineering and Marketing efforts across Sonardyne, including feedback on product performance, future market requirements impacting engineering design and development processes, market price tolerances, competitor activities, promotional opportunities etc
- To work closely with internal Company functions e.g. Marketing, Internal Sales, Business Development, Survey Support Group, Training, Regional Sales Offices etc, to ensure a coherent and consistent Company approach to the promotion and achievement of business success across the Sonardyne product and service portfolio.
- To build and maintain key commercial relationships to assist in the identification of business opportunities, the gathering of market intelligence and promotion of Company interests and develop effective sales strategies and marketing initiatives in collaboration with Regional sales management, sales teams and central marketing.
- To enhance the reputation and profile of Sonardyne, promoting the Company’s name, brand and capabilities through active networking and participation with trade bodies, institutions/societies etc, and conference presentations, publication of papers and delivery of innovative targeted marketing initiatives.
- To ensure full support for post-sales activities system installation, commissioning and field engineering working with various stakeholders, such as Company HQ when necessary.
- To actively contribute and participate in internal product strategy meetings and to provide feedback to engineering.
- To provide regular and thorough sales and market reports to the Regional Office Management and UK Head Office, and this is not limited to data management in CRM update of win/loss opportunities, contacts, visit reports, weekly updates, and timely provision of sales forecast reporting and variance analysis against forecast or budgets, for the purpose of monthly Sales/HQ Board Review Meeting, including actively participation in the regularly sales review meeting to provide insightful sales/markets/customer update.
- To keep up to date with in-house technology and product advances, commercial processes, company procedures, company strategy and tactics to ensure efficient progressing of sales opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good understanding of the Offshore Oil & Gas industry: market forces/drivers, customer processes and priorities etc.
- Good understanding of subsea technology and applications
- General business and commercial acumen
- Understanding and knowledge of best practice in sales processes
- Technically and personally credible communicator, influencer and networker with new and existing senior customer contacts/external bodies
- Experience of developing and managing sales funnels
- Demonstrable customer orientated attitude and behaviour for self and others
- Energy and passion: demonstrating a positive outlook, belief and vision for business
- Integrity: Highly trustworthy and trusting of others
- Team Player: engage and collaborate with the wider business.
- Adaptability: specifically, around resilience and staying opportunity focused and maintaining discipline in the qualification process
- Degree qualified in a relevant technical or business discipline
- Knowledge of other marine technology markets such as Vessels, Ocean Science, Defense, Maritime Security, Renewables, Telecoms, Subsea Mining, Aquaculture or Fisheries.
- Understanding and awareness of international commercial processes and operations particularly for Asia region
- Second language relevant to geographical territory
- Ability to develop, implement and ensure effective sales/commercial processes and resources with emphasis on continual improvement
- Consistent achievement of agreed business targets including business development/sales and specific KPI’s
- Customer and People focused: Inspiring the Sales team.
- Member of professional society