Offshore Field Engineer – Sonardyne Brasil Ltda
As an Offshore Field Engineer, your role will be to provide accurate and thorough technical support across the Sonardyne product range, to all external customers in Brasil and worldwide. To assist in the Company’s internal product development processes.
- To install, commission, service and repair the full range of Sonardyne products on customer premises/vessels worldwide, ensuring excellent maximum levels of customer satisfaction are achieved and maintained at all times.
- To manage all customer relationships pro-actively, through detailed updates of work carried out, comprehensive customer familiarisation with product/equipment and timely escalation of problems routed through the Customer Service team and technical specialists or management where appropriate.
- To submit thorough and regular supporting documentation i.e. Visit reports etc. on completion of offshore assignments.
- To identify new opportunities and customer service initiatives to the Technical and Sales team in Brasil through observation and direct liaison with customers during scheduled visits or trouble shooting activities.
- To provide technical expertise, when onshore, in the form of support calls direct to the customers and internal resources such as Sales, Engineering, Regional Offices etc.
- To assist the Brasil workshop Supervisor when onshore in Customer repairs and calibrations.
- To apply technical expertise through the unique perspective of practical application and knowledge to the Company’s internal product development life cycle processes.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Ability to lift up to 25kg
- Electronics/Mechatronics Technician or related qualification / Electronics/Mechatronics Engineer or related qualification
- Fluent English both written and spoken
- Installation, commissioning and repair experience
- Previous offshore working experience
- Acoustic positioning product knowledge
- Hydrographic surveying experience
- PCB level fault finding experience