Internal Sales Manager
We are looking for an Internal Sales Manager to provide accurate and timely sales information including sales enquiries, product specifications, price data, performance metrics, sales progress updates, sales meeting minutes etc., utilising Company systems e.g. CRM and liaising with technical/commercial and business support staff across Sonardyne global operations, satisfying the requirements of all customers both internal and external.
In this role, you will also support sales activity including: customer calls and emails, monitoring quotation activity, support of sales managers worldwide in their efforts of selling, lead generation including liaising and support with marketing, as well as become the internal sales “super-user” of CRM, including support and implementation of a new CRM system as well as the focal point for all queries and support for sales personnel worldwide.
- To collate information, and once agreed, communicate product prices, or price alterations, to commercial staff for new parts, new products etc., ensuring all Company systems e.g. Syspro, CRM etc., reflect the changes and updates in a timely manner.
- Occasional taking of minutes of meetings may be required.
- To report the sales progress against targets, as reported via CRM, with Regional Sales Office representatives worldwide prior to weekly Teams meeting reviews, updating CRM entries with relevant data and highlighting issues/trends to the Internal Sales Manager for discussion/debate.
- To collate and prepare sales performance information/data e.g. KPI tracking, dashboard data, CRM data integrity audits, forecasting variances, Regional Office updates etc., via standard and ad hoc reports at agreed regular intervals for Management review using the Company CRM system and other verbal/written sources across the Company’s commercial operations worldwide.
- To use, maintain and update the CRM system database to assist in the monitoring of CRM data integrity across Sonardyne, highlighting gaps and suggesting corrective actions for agreement including process and communication improvement etc., in order to maximise the use, accuracy and value of CRM system-held data.
- Responsible for monitoring and regularly maintaining updating the Company Intranet Sales Section ensuring all material complies with Marketing design criteria and standards and updating of information from internal departments e.g. Production Planning, is timely and accurate.
- Ownership and continuous improvement of sales processes working alongside QA department.
- General management of customer discount and contractual agreements.
- Managing and reviewing obsolescence from a commercial point of view.
- Support and liaising with marketing for lead generation.
- Support strategic plans for market generation in the regional offices and head office.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) e.g. Salesforce, including data manipulation and reporting.
- Substantial experience providing administrative support and coordination of sales processes in a technical commercial environment.
- Experience of collating and preparing numerical data gathered from varied sources (systems, reports etc.) for target audiences.
- Proven ability to demonstrate customer-orientated attitude and actions towards internal customers alike.
- Internal sales experience (marketing / lead generation, quotation drafting, phone / email / personal sales experience).
- Intermediate user level of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word & Excel).
- Educated to A level (any discipline) with minimum C grade, plus GCSE’s in English and Maths.
- Intermediate user level of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel) with associated formal qualifications to support experience.