Embedded Development Engineer
This is a dynamic position that will provide an exciting opportunity to join Sonardyne’s expanding Engineering Department, working on complex embedded software. Working as part of a world class Custom Projects delivery team responsible for the design, development and testing of subsea systems and instruments that solve the unique requirements of customers in various offshore markets including Energy, Ocean Science, Defence and Civil Engineering. Responsibilities will include creation of system architectures, electronic circuits, firmware and software development.
- Develop reliable embedded software in programming languages including C and C++ for embedded Typically ARM processors running RTOS.
- Drive the development of designs into safe, reliable, and robust working systems, creating and documenting architectures, developing code, and testing it to meet requirements.
- Participate in reviews of designs and assess different techniques or approaches to ensure the best one is chosen for the project.
- Develop and maintain excellent communication channels across the Company and in particular Engineering and Technology departments.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
Advanced Skill Level:
- Comprehensive experience of C in an embedded environment
Basic Skill Level:
- Comprehensive experience of C++ in an embedded environment
- Source control, e.g. Git, Surround
Any Skill Level:
- Embedded Linux
- Real time operating systems / bare metal development
- Testing strategies for embedded software
- Low power design
You will also ideally have an Undergraduate degree (2:1 or above) including the following disciplines: Engineering, Physics or Mathematics