Electronics Hardware Engineer
As an Electronics Hardware Engineer, you will be working as part of an experienced team responsible for design, commissioning and testing of new product designs, incorporating digital and analogue electronic circuits, with PCB layout skills to support the role.
The scope of the role includes development of electronics hardware on a range of subsea instruments developed within the department from underwater acoustic modems, doppler velocity logs to data loggers and much more. These are the key competencies required:
- PCB Design skills, mixed analogue and digital, generally < 300MHz
- Experienced in digital and analogue electronics design with a focus on low power, low noise systems.
- To lead hardware reviews of new designs and subjectively way up different techniques to ensure the best one is chosen for the project.
- Proactive problem solving
- To develop and maintain excellent communication channels across the Company
- To produce analytical and support documentation for all designs.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of PCB design
- Digital electronics design
- Design for low power systems (<5mW)
- Analogue electronics
- Attention to detail
- Degree (2:1 or above) in one of the following disciplines: Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
- Results driven
- Basic embedded firmware skills to support board bring up and testing of hardware
- Technical curiosity
- Developed large complicated mixed signal designs from the ground up
- Altium design suit
- PSpice for simulation